What's your diet?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Why did only two options show up in the poll?

I had included other. Is there a limit of two options in the polls?

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
I was vegetarian for nearly a decade then the smell of cooking maple bacon derailed me. These days, I eat pretty much all kinds of food, but still have an affinity for rice and beans. I'd starve without them! I also am incredibly particular about the meat I buy.

I grew up in a Romanian home so we were big on the cream, butter, high fat stuff. Seems to have served me well since I live on high fat foods and my cholesterol is 142.

I never was a health food nut, but I still think we're not designed to eat meat. Unfortunately, I do like chicken and every now and then, a good steak. We are celebrating our birthdays tomorrow (my chick's b-day is one day after mine) with nummy steaks. ;) And chocolate.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: RE: What's your diet?

Machjo said:
Oh well, ignore the poll then; maybe you can just post your response instead.

Anotehr interesting site I found:

http://www.serv-online.org/

You can add as many options as you like, but the interface is a bit strange. That happened to me the first time I tried to use the poll as well. You can fix it by clicking the "edit" button on the lower left hand side of your post.

I also fixed your links for ya. ;)

JoeyB

Electoral Member
Feb 2, 2006
Australia
MEAT!!!!

protein rich, low fat, med- low carb, low sugar and plenty of water, coffee, chilli and surfing(in the water, not just the net).

I haven't eaten Polar Bear or Fur Seal yet.

:D

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Strange.

Thanks for fixing the lings, Cosmo, but I still can't figure out how to add the third "Other" option.

How do you do it?

thulin

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006
If god wanted us to be vegetarian, he would not have made cows out of meat.

Homer Simpson

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
you can call me vegan, but that barely scratches the surface.

I eat an alkalyne diet, and properly balancing the GI of foods in relation to activity (so no "sugar spikes"). The most obvious thing that extends from this is I don't eat any sugars.

I eat organic, and i do not eat processed foods (no additives, preservatives, colours, etc).

I also do not eat plants and plant derivatives that are harmful to the body. An example of such being carageenan.

I also do not eat any GMO foods, which eliminates modern wheats, and canola (canola oil: why eat something orginally designed to be a lubricant?). I minimize the consumption of gluton containing foods.

I eat protien rich superfoods from the sea such as chlorella, which is more protien dense than any "meat".

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Cosmo said:
Machjo ... what do you want to add? List it and I'll see if I can fix. ;)

I wanted to add a third option:

"Other."

Thanks if you can help.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Wow, Caracal! What a serious diet. I used to be way more relaxed than that ... I just didn't eat living things. If it walked, crawled, swam or flew and had a face, I didn't eat it. For me it was a philosophical issue more than a health issue.

For health reasons I've tried pretty much everything out there and haven't found that diet really has a big impact on my health. I have fibromyalgia so I'm willing to do most anything to feel better, but as long as I eat somewhat healthy I don't see a big difference in diet. I still feel that eating meat isn't what I'm supposed to do. Everyone is different, tho.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
i can relate, cosmo.

I was vegitarian for years (didn't eat diary directly, but didn't make sure dairy products were not in pre-made foods; ate fresh salmon in season being from the coast)

Then, for performance reasons I researched diet and learned quite a bit. For one, I always suffered from sinus problems and ensuring no casien is in my diet (dairy component), I don't suffer from conjestion anymore. IGF-I is a frightening component of dairy as well.

However, I experienced a serious liver problem (acute) the result of "something in the water" (best guess of docs). After my liver healed itself (the docs just kept monitoring), I did private testing for allergies and other body issues that could have effected the liver. That is when I started to get serious about the GI monitoring, and the effects many potential allergens. Luckily, I didn't eat the majority of potential allergens to begin with, so the 9 allergen diet to test for sensitivities was easy.

My gf went to a seminar by Franco Caveleri on diet. While he recommends certian meats and whey, the rest of his dietary suggestions are worth checking out. The book is called "the potential within". His company/book site is www.biologicnr.com

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Thanks for the link, Caracal. I suspect food allergies and additives cause more problems than most of us realize.

Are you an athlete? I know how important the right foods were back when I used to lift weights. I pretty much lived on protein back then, but I was also eating meat at the time.

Now I don't need any special diet ... sitting at the computer and strolls in the park don't require anything special. ;)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Toro said:
That's actually pretty funny that the choices are "vegan", "vegetarian" and "other" since "other" is about 99% of the population.

Well,"vegan" is beating "other" 2-1, so far, with "other vegetarian" lagging behind at 0 :wink:

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada

Toro said:
Machjo said:
Toro said:
That's actually pretty funny that the choices are "vegan", "vegetarian" and "other" since "other" is about 99% of the population.

Well,"vegan" is beating "other" 2-1, so far, with "other vegetarian" lagging behind at 0 :wink:

Ha!

Not anymore.

2-2!

Now, where's my T-bone?

Amen, Brother Ben. My cholesterol is high, but otherwise my blood is perfect. However, I am not eating dirt and water. Nor am I ingesting anything that came out of the ocean that looks like a monster. I can't even eat in a seafood restaurant. No milk either.

But other than that, I can put away the Cheetos and Dr. Pepper.

Uncle

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

unclepercy said:
Nor am I ingesting anything that came out of the ocean that looks like a monster.
I'm with you on that one, Uncle. I call 'em "sea bugs" ... about once a year I can eat good Atlantic Lobster tail as long as it's in a restaurant where I don't have to see it prior to preparation. I always feel I'm missing out since everyone loves seafood except me, but I just can't bear the thought of putting something that looks like that in my mouth. ewwwww! Shades of Fear Factor!