What's Everyone Reading?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Finally got my copies of Follett's 'Winter of the World' and 'Edge of Eternity' the final two books in his Century Trilogy from the library and Robert Galbraith's 'Lethal White'. Each of them are long reads so it is good to know that due to the pandemic I can take until February to return them-though I will be ready to return them long before then.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
"Victimhood rather than stoicism or heroism has become something eagerly publicized, even sought after, in our culture.. To be a victim is in some way to have won, or at least to have got a head start in the great oppression race of life. At the root of this curious development, is one of the most important and mistaken judgements of the social justice movements: that oppressed people (or people who can claim to be oppressed) are in some way better than others, that is some decency, purity or goodness which comes from being part of such a group. In fact, suffering in and of itself does not someone a better person. A gay, female, black or trans person may be as dishonest, deceitful and rude as anybody else."

Reactions: petros