What Will Happen When Peapod Takes Over The World

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Here I will list them for you :p

The polished hoe (brand new it still has the sticker price on it.. 34.95...this is a canadian writer....price 1.29

A artportfolio of lo kei pak, raymond..beautiful photographs...I paid to much tho...29 cents... :p

This is a good is awesome...all photographs of newfoundland, black and white...called the rock within the sea...farley mowat and john devisser...$1.29 :p

The art of dowing :p yikes brand new...10 cents

I like the title of this one...and it was only a quarter so what the hay :p "angry housewives eating bon bons 8)

The rapture of canaan..29 cents...brand new also..but I like this writer...

A virtuous women..10 cents 8O I like kaye gibbons writing

A really really old anderson's fairy tales illustrated by arthur szyk...very nice...over priced tho....2.29 :lol: :lol:

omg! omg! another book from the green forest..the adventures of jerry muskrat....I would have paid more but they only wanted a quarter.

Sidereus nuncius or the sidereal merssenter galileo galilei translated....albert van helden...it looks good....1.29

Lush life...brand new 8O a biography of billy strayhorn..2.29

The rainforest by catherine caufield....1.29

The girl with the botticelli face..1.29

The history of the siege of lisbon...this won a noble prize for literature..ouch! 1.29

The artful universe, the cosmic source of human creativity...1.29 :lol: :lol:

The good earth...pearl s. buck...I saw that posted somewhere on this board...1.29

North to the night..a spiritual odyessey in the artic...alvah simon...oh! a good find...very excited...1.29

The elegant art of handmade soap 8O :lol: :lol: 1.29

ahhhhh I cannot not list them all...soon there will no more room for me at home :wink: 8)

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Hard-Luck Henry said:
Rick, ketchup and mayo both contain lots of vinegar - that's why they're so good with chips. :p

Over a quarter of the world's countries drive the left. Those of you who drive on the right do so simply because of a particular French midget. A change was carried out all over continental Europe by Napoleon.The reason it changed under Napoleon was because he was left handed his armies had to march on the right so he could keep his sword arm between him and any opponent. (That, and the fact the French are a contrary bunch by nature)

From then on, any part of the world which was at some time part of the British Empire was thus left hand and any part colonised by the French was right hand.

The drive-on-the-right policy was adopted by the USA, which was anxious to cast off all remaining links with its British colonial past

Once America drove on the right, left-side driving was ultimately doomed. If you wanted a good reliable vehicle, you bought American, for a period they only manufactured right-hand-drive cars.

From then on many countries changed out of necessity.

And peapod - you make my case for me, as I can't think of anybody more uncouth than Shirlry valantine's odious husband. :lol:
:lol: Yeah sure, we all started off with the English and ended up with those darn French :p I think driving on the right is still the most logical thing to do though. I mean, many people are right-handed, right? So, when they need something in the car, most people use their right hand for that, to get their cell phone, or their cigarettes etc. Now, it would be stupid to cross your arm over your body to grab something on the left - which is the case when your steering wheel is at the right side (wrong side) of your car :p -, and that's why driving on the right is better, because then, the steering wheel is on the left, so you can more easilier grab things which are on your right. See? It's just so obvious. 8)

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Rick van Opbergen said:
:lol: Yeah sure, we all started off with the English and ended up with those darn French :p I think driving on the right is still the most logical thing to do though. I mean, many people are right-handed, right? So, when they need something in the car, most people use their right hand for that, to get their cell phone, or their cigarettes etc. Now, it would be stupid to cross your arm over your body to grab something on the left - which is the case when your steering wheel is at the right side (wrong side) of your car :p -, and that's why driving on the right is better, because then, the steering wheel is on the left, so you can more easilier grab things which are on your right. See? It's just so obvious. 8)

:lol: I must say, Rick, that's the best argument I've ever heard for weird driving orientation. I'm almost convinced! 8) :lol:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Re: RE: What Will Happen When Peapod Takes Over The World

Rick van Opbergen said:
Hey, I also have a life besides this forum :lol: I also do the normal stuff 18-year olds do :p

Yes, me too, Rick. I really need to grow up. :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
pfffft.........I know I do more things than you two do :p I am like the speedy gonzales of multi tasking, sometimes I even make myself dizzy with all the wizzing. Thats why I like fishing, its short circuits my wizzing system for a while. I can flip the breaker back on any time. Like even right now I am typing this, but I will put all my garden tools away and post my next reply :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
thats only two things at once :roll: :roll: small potatoes :p

Well I bid you a fond farwell little voices in the garden are saying...yo! peapod, its your green friends. :p Henry, is it true that there are no humming birds in britian??? My neighbour on the left, told me the funniest story today over the garden fence, it went like this.

He had a restaurant once, and he had a humming bird feeder right up against the window. Well some tourists came in from britian, and they had never seen humming birds so they were fascinated. My neighour on the left, well he gets a fly swatter and pretends they are just big flys and he is gonna wack them to the horror of the tourists. I sometimes wonder if my neighbour on the left is related to jack handey, he tells me the strangest stuff :p

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Rick van Opbergen said:
I think driving on the right is still the most logical thing to do though. I mean, many people are right-handed, right? So, when they need something in the car, most people use their right hand for that, to get their cell phone, or their cigarettes etc. Now, it would be stupid to cross your arm over your body to grab something on the left - which is the case when your steering wheel is at the right side (wrong side) of your car :p -, and that's why driving on the right is better, because then, the steering wheel is on the left, so you can more easilier grab things which are on your right. See? It's just so obvious. 8)

Hey Ricky, I'm left handed, and now I'm feeling oppressed by the evil auto manufacturers...it's a conspiracy to kill off the left handed people of the world isn't it?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
peapod said:
thats only two things at once :roll: :roll: small potatoes :p

Well I bid you a fond farwell little voices in the garden are saying...yo! peapod, its your green friends. :p Henry, is it true that there are no humming birds in britian??? My neighbour on the left, told me the funniest story today over the garden fence, it went like this.

He had a restaurant once, and he had a humming bird feeder right up against the window. Well some tourists came in from britian, and they had never seen humming birds so they were fascinated. My neighour on the left, well he gets a fly swatter and pretends they are just big flys and he is gonna wack them to the horror of the tourists. I sometimes wonder if my neighbour on the left is related to jack handey, he tells me the strangest stuff :p

It is true, P. we do have some fauna; urban foxes, town mice, housemartins and homing pigeons. I saw a humming bird once, in Minorca. One of the greatest things I've ever seen; my friend and I were like "Whoa, what's that? It's a colourful, neon hovering slug, or something." I quickly worked out what it really was - I'd seen slo-mo ones on TV - and we spent the whole afternoon staring at it.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Vanni said:
Hey Ricky, I'm left handed, and now I'm feeling oppressed by the evil auto manufacturers...it's a conspiracy to kill off the left handed people of the world isn't it?
We're made of tougher stuff than that. I've read that left-handers are more likely to die in car crashes since our dominant hand will steer us into oncoming traffic. Is the reverse true areas where they drive on the other side of the road?

Ever notice that there seems to be more than the average 10% of lefties on the forums?

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
You're a lefty, so am I, and I'm pretty sure pea is too.

Some of the other boards I'm a member of seem to have a high concentration of lefties as well.

Maybe it has to do with that little factoid about keyboards favouring lefties.

Or maybe we just have more to say. :D

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I am eating a big plate of basmati rice and indian butter chicken..and I am using my left hand :wink: *big gulp of water* I use the right one for the water :p

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I use my mouse with my left hand, which means I mainly use my middle finger for left-clicking.

I use scissors with either hand, depending on which ones I pick up, and of course cork-screws are right-handed.

I was cutting a watermelon from the "other end" and my friend asked what happens if my husband wanted to cut some later. I told her he would turn it around........

I love being left-handed. I get to sit at the end of the table (or elbow the person who took my spot all through dinner). The only real downside is smudges from pencils or fountain pens.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: What Will Happen When

I'm left too.

Just learned a theory on why left was considered evil. A Left handed 's brain communicates better between the right side and the left side which supposedly causes us to be very questioning.

Early times this would have left us questioning the validity of certain aspects of faith and religion (sound plausible. Vanni?) this questioning would have caused much problems in early times.