What is your favorite store? What stores to you hate?

The conductor

Feb 12, 2006
I like going to small local stores in my neighbourhood. The local record store across the street, the local Polish bakery and the India food take out place. But for the larger shopping we try to find small out of the way places to buy stuff.
My favourite large store is The Bay. I love shopping there. :D

I detest shopping at Wal-Mart, it has the personality of a cement factory. All those big box stores I try to avoid. The crowds, screaming kids, SUV strollers, etc. Maybe I am getting old and set in my ways, but I hear enough noise in one day.
I am trying to talk my girl into buying more stuff on-line verus shopping.

The Gunslinger

Electoral Member
May 12, 2005
Wetaskiwin, AB
Best Buy- all the coolest things you could ever want, as well as DVD's... oh God so many DVD's. I can't go there and spend less than $50.

Canadian Tire- They've pulled my ass out of the fire so many times I've lost count. Where else can you buy car parts at 8 PM?

Sobeys- I work there, what can I say? Plus, working there pays my way through school

Costco- Like Wal-Mart raised by an order of magnitude. Juts a good store

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Canadian Tire and I have "issues". Too many flyers advertising stuff they have on "STANDING ORDER". Still pretty neat outdoors dept. and tooooooooooooools tooooooooooooools 8O .
Lee Valley, gotta lovem.
Chapters books. Read, drink coffee, wait for my wife who's over at Michaels Craft Shop :lol: :lol: Sometimes even buy a book.
Zellers: It's quiet; everyones' at Wal-Mart.
Walmart: Know what you want. Get in. Get it. Get out before you strangle the greeter. They were effecient when they first opened in our part of the swamp, but now their cash line-ups resemble Canadian Tire. :evil: :evil:
Any used book store or small art gallery or music store.
HATE::::Any store where the clerks follow you around offering to "help" you (I look like a thief I guess).
Any store where the cashier asks you to donate to a "worthwhile charity"
Actually "hate" is too strong a word. Imbiciles deserve to be pitied and avoided...........nasty nasty nasty :!:

:wink: