What do you think came first?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Reading in another thread "The old Chicken and The Egg" discussion got me to thinking that it would seem it's still up for debate.

So.....What do you think came first and why?

I believe it had to be the egg, since evolution takes place with the young and not the old. You don't get better after your born. People/Animals never grow a second head after birth only during the incubation period.

So I hypothosize that it is in fact the egg that came first.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Ehm laughter I guess ... People tend to laugh when others hurt themselves (just watch an average episode of America's Funniest Homevideos). Guess it was the same 100,000 years ago. A caveman putting himself on fire for the first time - could have meant a great laugh for the rest of his kin. Talking 'bout it: have you ever seen Japanese homevideos? They are just cruel to other people ... watching those videos ... not all of course ... but they do have a "strange" sense of humor :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
but the embryo had to come before the pig which gave the bacon.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
no, not so with chickens. Chickens don't evolve after the egg phase. If they did they'd learn not to cross the road and to run from men with white beards pretending to be colonol's!