What do you think came first?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Ssh! He really was one. It's a honorary title bestowed on people by the Governor of Kentucky. It's like the Order Of Canada-of no monetary value.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I am glad he went into the chicken business ,instead of raising his own little militia. A friend of mine thinks the Colonel is one of the worst mass murderers in history,of course,she is Vegan..

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I just think that it wouldn't matter how many herbs and spices he put in the batter deep fried militia wouldn't go over well.......

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
There was one of those urban legends that claimed that KFC had deep fried a gerbil and sold it in a bucket to a customer. Did you know that rat is a delicacy in Asian menus?

Sinthetik

Dec 27, 2004
Newfoundland, Canada
Wow, no more KFC for me. The whole rat thing? Thats old, they even skin it, behead it, fry it, and chop it up in front of you. They even take pride in letting you pick your own rat out :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I remember reading that rats make an ideal pet. Well,I am not that lonely! I love chicken but can't eat that greasy crap that KFC serves-the salads aren't too bad though.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
When you come right down to it,there is nothing that one of the fast food franchises sell that you can't make just as well at home & the calorie intake would be less & no hidden ingredients,too. I still have the craving for KFC,but remember all the grease the last time I had some delivered-makes it easier to pass on the stuff.The few times I get something from one of the chains, it's the triple burger from Wendy's!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It seems the colonel really gets around.

A Brief History Of Kremlin Fried Chicken

Comrade V.I Sanders exiled to Germany after leading unsuccessful franchising riots against Czar's Czandwiches, Russia's leading fast food vendor.

Comrad Sanders perfects secret blend of 1917 herbs and spices and posits the universal maxim of munchies: Work shall make you free, and food shall make you full.

Arrested for agitation against the Grosse T Burger chain, Comrad Sanders is sentenced to three years of counter work at a remote Bavarian store.

At great risk to himself, Comrade Sanders smuggles the Bourgeousie's long-held secret method of preparing corn on the cob in buttered water to allies in Minsk.

Comrade Sanders is released from his Bavarian exile. Immediately, he begins to spread the word of the coming food revolution among the white trash and other upstanding members of the Proletariat.

Fearing for his life, Comrade Sanders flees to Austria with his new deputy Leon David Thomasky and Joeray Kroclin. (Kroclin-era histories often downplay Thomasky's role in Kremlin Fried Chicken's development, but he is now generally considered the author of the "Policy of Five Fs: Fast, Friendly, Fun, and Faithful to Communist Ideals, or it's Free.")

Declaring that "my time is nigh, and soon the meal of the Bourgeouisie will be on the plates of the people," Sanders begins concocting a ideologically pure dessert menu.

Agitation for new dishes begins in Petrograd, Kiev, and even Moscow. Czar's Czandwiches replies with the bread sandwich.

"Bread sandwich" is discovered to be simply three pieces of bread in a stack. Widespread unrest mars lunchtimes across Eurasia. Comrade Lenin takes advantage of the uproar to return to Russia and begin scouting locations for restaurants. On November 7, the first Kremlin Fried Chicken opens.

Czar's Czandwiches declares bankruptcy. Kremlin Fried Chicken seizes all assets and introduces the Soviet Onion.

First Franchising Congress is held, in hopes of extending the Kremlin Fried Chicken message to the world.

Beginning of the New Eating Plan (NEP), a push to ensure that all Russian meals came from Kremlin Fried Chicken. Since the chain had, at most 10 locations at this point, the NEP led to mass starvation and counterrevolutionary calls to pizza delivery joints.

Comrade V.I. Sanders steps down as leader of Kremlin Fried Chicken. Kroclin takes over daily management.

Thomasky is expelled from management for suggesting the "Capitalist Size," which includes five ears of corn with each meal. According to KFC leaders, this would bankrupt the company both morally and financially.

Kroclin's Five-Ear Plan, which includes five ears of corn with each meal, is introduced.

World War II begins. Kremlin Fried Chicken contracts to supply all of Germany's condiments.

Germany invade Russia. Rumors that their wienerschnitzels are laden with Kremlin Fried Chicken's mustard are completely untrue.

The Warsaw Pactty Melt is introduced.

Chinese division of Kremlin Fried Chicken established. Market penetration is approximately 90 percent, with only Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan unable to taste the sweetness of the Workers' Eating Paradise.

1950-1959
Kremlin Fried Chicken's attempts at establishing franchises in the United States are blocked by government action.

Comrade V.I. Sanders makes his first public appearance in almost 39 years. Observers comment on his healthy glow and unmoving, glassy eyes. After standing stiffly and silently at an observation balcony for several minutes, Comrade Sanders is carried out of view.

The Cuban Mussel Crisis. Capitalist running dog U.S. food companies object to Kremlin Fried Chicken's new seafood menu, introduced at our Havana store.

The Kitchenware Debate. Foolish American food executive argues about packaging (bucket vs. bourgeouis paper wrapping) with Kremlin Fried Chicken officials.

American cooks, fearing they will be outcooked by Russia's most lowly food workers, pull out of the Olympic cookoff. Chickens.

Having won all the accolades they could handle for a while, Kremlin Fried Chicken boycotts the Olympic cookoff.

In honor of the Soviet Premier, Gorbachef's Salad is introduced. It remains our worst-selling item.

Kremlin Fried Chicken sells its 1,000,000 drumstick. In honor of the event, we hold a gala parade of all our delivery vehicles in Red Square.

Kremlin Fried Chicken becomes the first Communist Chicken Restaurant, founded in Russia in the first part of the century, to have a Web site.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Assuming that all life began in some primordeal goo, in the form of asexual :oops: single cell organisms, the most correct answer, with the knowledge that we possess thus far in the field of microbiology, to the age old question about the chicken and the egg, is that the chicken had to have come first; or rather the organism that would one day evolve into the chicken...anyone care to disagree... :D

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
To say that the egg came before the chicken is the same as assuming the baby arrived before the mother-totally impossible. I haven't any university philosophy courses,just some ordinary everyday common sense.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Forget Mcdonalds in russia...ehm..I am more worried about what jack in the box is up to. I find this article very distrubing. :p :wink:

MURFREESBORO, KENTUCKY-- Jack In The Box restaurants have put new smiley faces on the industrial eyesores of their corporation. The tallow containment chambers, in the industrial area of town, have been given a face-lift to crown off a thorough renovating of the aging grease refining facility.

The two large spherical chambers that hold the special Jack In The Box lard blend that is used to fry their food, have been painted and decorated to look like their spokesperson "Jack." Other improvements include a new football stadium for their football team, the Carnivores, and a proposed theme park.

Many though, are curious about the mysterious greasy product that is refined inside.

"The fry mixture itself is a special combination of fats, oils, and other secret substances," said spokesperson Sheila Dyke. "The grease is mixed directly into distilling chambers after being fed in from a series of pipes and ducts. The product is then cooked and allowed to ferment for a precise amount of time, before it's filtered, irradiated, and tested for flavour."

Jack In The Box tankers deliver the final product, "Jack-Fry," to restaurants throughout the United States. (Environmental laws have prohibited the franchise from expanding into Canada.)

Although deliciously addictive when saturated inside french fries, onion rings, and chicken nuggets, the special mixture can be deadly if consumed in large quantities. A spill in 1998 had Hazmat teams scrambling, after a near meltdown caused by impurities in some of the beef fat.

"The fluid cooked through two feet of concrete and turned three tankers crispy golden brown," said a former refinery worker.

Although the damage was minimal, many were comparing it to the incident in Russia, when the first McDonald's in Moscow was exposed to high levels of radiation. It was discovered they were using sub-standard microwaves brought in from neighbouring Kamchatka.

Jack In The Box has been under pressure to clean up their refining facility, which because of other minor grease leaks, was drawing people towards the plant like rats to a piper.

"It's the pheromones in the tallow," said Shirley Uppins, an FDA spokesperson. "They deny it, of course. But how else can you explain the crowds of people that mill around the area and sniffing the air? They're all driven there by the smell."

Dyke avoided the accusation and explained that the government had already declared the grounds safe. "The plant improvements show Jack In The Box's dedication to cleaning up the environment and making it safe for everyone, including our own workers," said Dyke.

The new happy faces also hide a more sinister aspect of the plant: increased security.

"There is more than one restaurant chain that would like to get their hands on our patented Jack-Fry recipe," confirmed Mel Haroldson, security officer. "Before the makeover we caught an insider selling samples of the grease to some Middle-Eastern firm. Perhaps they only wanted it for falafels, who can say? I can't tell you all what we've done here, but just let me say that anyone trying to get a sample now will find themselves out of the frying pan and into the deep fryer...but not literally."

The new makeover has cleaned up a few problems and put smiles on everyone's faces, satisfying government inspectors and townsfolk alike.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
is that the chicken had to have come first; or rather the organism that would one day evolve into the chicken...anyone care to disagree...

I'd like to disagree. And will do so. However. No big sticks allowed into this......discussion. (small reminder. I've no comma key and can't type correctly punctuated sentences)

Evolution took place in the egg. Not in the fully formed chicken. There fore it is the egg that came first.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Alright twila lets finish this once for all :p I will mail you two packages (canada post) one will be a chicken, one will be an egg. I mail them at the exactly the same time, whatever one you get first will be the winner :p
Hope you don't end up with "egg on your face" :p and ehm..... don't forget not to put all your eggs in one basket....or you could as mark twain said and watch them "basket".
If you put all your change away for a "nest egg" for your next adventure, you will notice that the change does not "lay"

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Peapod. What if the egg arrives cracked? And the chicken arrives dead? What if the chicken arrives cracked? Will this egg be a fertalized egg? Was the mommy chicken promiscuous (sp?)? Who is the egg's father? and was the chicken organic and free range? What about antibiotics? Cause antibiotics could change the entire outcome.

I think we'll need a control group for this.