What do you like most about Bush?

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse
The fact that no matter how stupid, awkward, clueless, immoral, dishonest, gauche, clumsy or lacking in imagination a person is, they are superior in at least two of these attributes to the President of the United States.

Oh yeah, and I agree on mortal.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: What do you like most

Mechayahiko said:
The fact that he takes all the flak everyone throws at him and keeps going.

many a fool does that ........mainly because they are too foolish or stubborn to alter course when the feedback is so pronounced.

.........what I 'like" best about the bloke is that if it were not for him , we would not have expanded our vocabularly and achieved a book of bushisms....

......which in turn might prove to be his legacy. :wink:

(btw: Welcome to the forum... :)

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
Hmmm. I wonder if I'd get a call from CSIS for sending him a Christmas gift of pretzels...

hahahaha, that was hilarious when he fell off the table and had that bump on his head for a week. :lol: the most powerful man on earth succums to a pretzel...would of made a damn funny headline

Mechayahiko

Dec 19, 2005
RE: What do you like most

The man, stands up for what he believes in and does what he thinks is right. Its a rare trait in people these days. Of course, politicians shouldnt be doing that, they should be serving the people that elected them. Hes the right guy in the wrong place. There are times where people like him would have been alot more liked, but now is not the time.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Mechayahiko said:
The man, stands up for what he believes in and does what he thinks is right. Its a rare trait in people these days. Of course, politicians shouldnt be doing that, they should be serving the people that elected them. Hes the right guy in the wrong place. There are times where people like him would have been alot more liked, but now is not the time.

like a lot of us have stated in one way or another.......the bloke is a throwback.... and out of sync with the times.

Don't foget jokers like Hitler and many others through out history "believed rigidly and stood firm on their "beliefs......without the flexibility that is a pre-requisite to good leadership. Being STUBBORN/resistive is not an asset.

Mechayahiko

Dec 19, 2005
RE: What do you like most

There are times and places where being stubborn is an asset, mostly on the frontlines and during revolutions. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Not to mention the fact that there will always be examples where it is good and where it is bad. The main reason i admire that trait is because its rare. In an age of politicians that do anything to get elected, its kind of refreshing to have a guy that just doesnt care.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Andygal said:
I like the fact that he's only in power for 3 more years.

andy........ya just read my mind. as that was my next "like".... :wink:

..........three yrs and COUNTING DOWN....(phew)

what a nightmare it would be if his brother decided to go for the job. .....

(wondering if they have condos on Mars yet :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Mechayahiko said:
There are times and places where being stubborn is an asset, mostly on the frontlines and during revolutions. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Not to mention the fact that there will always be examples where it is good and where it is bad. The main reason i admire that trait is because its rare. In an age of politicians that do anything to get elected, its kind of refreshing to have a guy that just doesnt care.

oh he cares and cares a lot.......about getting into the power job and keeping the power job. Notice that both "elections" in the US were of question and went less smoothly than the ones in Iraq??? (which is actually quite funny) If he didn't "care" about holding his position......he would not be polluting the airways /tv screens with his multiple speaches DEFENDING his CRIMINAL ACTIONS.

gotta hand it to him. He is getting away with being a criminal in live broacast , defending his criminal conduct and the americans are just sitting there .......as if it is the norm. :roll: :x

t's a puzzlement.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
"like" about bush??

.........maybe the funny fact that he has to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral. :wink: :)

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
he proves that power is a produce of privilage. for bushie would be nothing if not for his family and its connections. he shows what america is really about. "follow the money to find the power".

besides, not only is he a good puppet, he looks good being one.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: What do you like most about Bush?

the caracal kid said:
he proves that power is a produce of privilage. for bushie would be nothing if not for his family and its connections. he shows what america is really about. "follow the money to find the power".

besides, not only is he a good puppet, he looks good being one.

it does say a fair bit about the american value system, don't it. They will appoint an idiot into office as long as he has the bucks and "connections." They do not look for integrety , sound character, reasonable intelligence, problem solving skills, management skills (dang....bush couldn't even run a company) and SPEAKING SKILLS. But then not sure what they look for anymore.

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
Hes the right guy in the wrong place. There are times where people like him would have been alot more liked, but now is not the time.

this statement pretty much speaks for me as well. Bush is one of those revolutionary leaders, like him or hate him (most hate him). Thing is in todays world it has changed so much with media and the news that he gets much more critisism than others before him. Like him or not I don't think we know where Iraq will be in ten years from now. Could be Americas worst mistake, or a great acheivement. I dont know, you don't know...hey maybe Bush knows?

Ocean Breeze with all due respect comparing Bush to Hitler make you look irrelevant.