What are Canadas twin cities??? (

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
This came up in the Alberta forum...but i am curious..what are the sister cities/twin cities in Canada.

I know for example that Edmonton's sister city is Hull.
I know that Calgary's is Quebec City...

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Used to be Port Arthur and Fort William, or maybe Fort Arthur and Port William. Now known as Thunder Bay./The Lakehead :idea:

Sorry: Thought you meant what cities in Canada were historically known as the twin cities, not which ones chose to twin. Ah well....

Ugg.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Semperfi_dani said:
This came up in the Alberta forum...but i am curious..what are the sister cities/twin cities in Canada.

I know for example that Edmonton's sister city is Hull.
I know that Calgary's is Quebec City...

How can Edmonton be affiliated with Hull when Hull is a part of the City of Gatineau?

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Fluffy drivel. An excuse for some politicians to have jaunts at taxpayer expense.

What iota of difference does it make to Calgarians that their sister city is Quebec City? I've lived here for years and never knew it and doubt 99.9% of Calgarians know it or give a darn. Touchy feely nonsense. The mayor and aldermen should be each be given a pick axe and told to spend their time fixing potholes and such if they have time to waste.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Ottawa and Hull would be a fine example of twin cities..different cultures,tho. Saint John and Lancaster used to be twin cities here, until the forced amalgation happened :cry: