• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

jwmcq625

Nominee Member
Sep 14, 2007
I say that I really don't get how people get so hung up on the needy getting money, while still not batting an eyelash over paying taxes and funding corporate welfare.
There are many who sould not qualify for any type of welfare, especially immigrants who come over, and immeditely start looking fo a handout. I agree with the move that is afoot to drug-test those on welfare and applying for welfare. Why should people work, pay taxes to support those who would rather get high than work. It is time to put a stop to this, and give them a choice enter rehab or lose all government supports. After rehab they should be expected to get a job to support themselves.

There are people through no fault of their own, for many reasons who are forced to rely o governme assistance, but unless it is for health reasons any assistance should have a time limit. Corporate welfare is the welfare that should be halted immediately, and never reinstated. The idea of paying private, for profit companies to invest their money, when they are already getting preferential treatment for their corporate taxes, is asinine.