Vietnam Revisited by Clinton

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
tracy said:
Wednesday's Child said:
Tracy
It gives terrorists strength and desire that the people in the U.S. are not behind their military and they [the terrorists] are winning.

Maybe... but do you think they would stop blowing themselves up if they thought they were losing? They're fanatics. Crazy a$$ fanatics. They are doing Allah's will as far as they are concerned. Rational people don't blow themselves up to kill others. I mean, in your wildest dreams can you even imagine doing such a thing? Their belief in their cause is absolute if they can do it. Do you really think they would stop doing what God commands them to because they thought they were "losing"?

Edited to add: If we all did rally around the cause and were all vocally in favor of the war in Iraq, wouldn't that just confirm to terrorists that we are ALL evil imperialists? That seems like it would increase their desire to kill us too... I really don't see how we can make them want to kill us more or less.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think not said:
I realize that, so did, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea, and Thailand. France and Germany did not however.

Sorry, I just thought the term ally would include them.