Uncontacted humans are filmed in Peru

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Humans who are unaware that the rest of humanity exists have been filmed in Peru.

Apart from the loggers felling trees where they live the Peruvian tribe is unaware that 8 billion other humans exist. They think they are the only ones.

In 2022, the tribe killed a logger with a six foot arrow, probably wondering what he was.

The elusive hunter-gatherers were filmed gathering branches.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Depends on who wants to go near them. Certainly leaving them alone isn't an option.
Well. . . slavery is no longer really viable, what with automation and wage slavery and suchlike. So I suppose declaring by fiat that the land they have held for generations uncounted is now "your" land, and when they understandably but violently object, slaughter them all!

A few generations later, we can make movies about how noble and pure they were, and regret and deplore "what happened to them."

At least, that's how all the other chapters of this book went.

Reactions: Serryah

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well. . . slavery is no longer really viable, what with automation and wage slavery and suchlike.
And yet I’ve read that there are more slaves alive today than at any other point in history. Weirdness. Last night I was in a Walmart, briefly, picking up some allergy medication…& encountered for the first time (for me anyway) a robotic floor cleaner.
1721308465463.jpeg
Driving along doing its own thing, without an operator… and I had kind of a weird wake up moment with respect to the automation removing somebody’s job, similar to the feeling I had when I first encountered the self check out lines, etc…

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You've probably read propaganda by boo-hoos who regard everybody who has to work for a wage as a "slave."

Slavery is a legal status. Nobody who can quit is a slave, no matter how poorly treated. Nobody who is not chattel property at law is a slave.

Unless, of course, your sources are "tellin' it like it is" or some such excuse of a liar caught in the act.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You've probably read propaganda by boo-hoos who regard everybody who has to work for a wage as a "slave."

Slavery is a legal status. Nobody who can quit is a slave, no matter how poorly treated. Nobody who is not chattel property at law is a slave.

Unless, of course, your sources are "tellin' it like it is" or some such excuse of a liar caught in the act.
It’s one of those background statements that I’ve never really questioned or dug into in all honesty.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
It's okay.

Peruvian officials blared The Rolling Stones on a loud speaker and the tribe all went running back into the forest.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

I don't think that was referring to North America. Except maybe some religious cults. But according to the dogooders, there are sex slaves in many countries, and they count prison labour in China as slave labour. That one may be stretching the definition a bit.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't think that was referring to North America. Except maybe some religious cults. But according to the dogooders, there are sex slaves in many countries, and they count prison labour in China as slave labour. That one may be stretching the definition a bit.
Please see the above as an example of misuses of the English term "slave."

Reactions: petros