UK Troops out of Iraq Next Yr.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: UK Troops out of Iraq

The US will stay of course and bog everything down and will have to reinstate the draft to make up the shortfall. I for one do not believe Iraq will have enough trained people by then to take over.

I think Britain in announcing this now as to warn the US to get more troops ready and that Britain does not want to be out in a long, drawn out winless war, that causes the deaths of their soldiers that has no end in sight.

Basically they want to cut their losses but do not want to annoy america.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: UK Troops out of Iraq

no1important said:
The US will stay of course and bog everything down and will have to reinstate the draft to make up the shortfall. I for one do not believe Iraq will have enough trained people by then to take over.

I think Britain in announcing this now as to warn the US to get more troops ready and that Britain does not want to be out in a long, drawn out winless war, that causes the deaths of their soldiers that has no end in sight.

Basically they want to cut their losses but do not want to annoy america.

would agree with that. They are in concert with the US .....one way or another. By that time all those new US military bases should be useable.........and Iraq should be as good as american "property." All that will be left is the buriels and the work for the mop squad.