Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

TDS shit.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Not quite yet , he will not have to show any records until it goes back to court and appeal . That will take it past November and make them no longer relevant regardless who wins .

Even though it may take time for a lower court to enforce Vance's subpoena, the fact that Trump is fighting so hard to keep under wraps his taxes/financial records may strike a chord with some who voted for him in 2016 wondering exactly what it is that he is trying to hide. And they may base their vote on that come November. Also it could bring out more who suffered from voter apathy in the last election to respond with their vote.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Even though it may take time for a lower court to enforce Vance's subpoena, the fact that Trump is fighting so hard to keep under wraps his taxes/financial records may strike a chord with some who voted for him in 2016 wondering exactly what it is that he is trying to hide. And they may base their vote on that come November. Also it could bring out more who suffered from voter apathy in the last election to respond with their vote.
Trump is protecting those who had financial dealings with him.

Goya Foods: Hispanic brand faces boycott for praising Trump
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53371392

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Trump is protecting those who had financial dealings with him.
Goya Foods: Hispanic brand faces boycott for praising Trump
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53371392

Yeah I saw Trump's Tweet in support of Goya foods, and of course he would as Goya Foods CEO Robert Unanue showered him with praise, couple that with the fact that he also made at least one donation to the RNC and bingo, who loves ya? So it came as no surprise to me to see Trump support him, nothing wrong with it in fact. But I would be willing to bet that unless it came through a drive through window at McDonalds, Trump has never seen one product from Goya Foods.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I don't believe the Latin community took issue with Trump praising Goya, I believe that they took issue with Unanue praising Trump hence the backlash/boycott.
The Latin community and many others love Goya products and will continue to buy them.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The Goya food boycott is unAmerican - according to Ted Cruz.

He didn't explain why the Nike boycott was American

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Goya food boycott is unAmerican - according to Ted Cruz.
He didn't explain why the Nike boycott was American
How is ol' Rafael these days? Still denying he was born in Calgary?

A Cuban, a Canadian, and a Texan walk into a bar. The bartender says "What'll ya have, Senator Cruz?"