Trudeau : Get Your Booster!!

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Can you point out any relevant facts they left out? Unlike CBC and the rest of MSM. Or the extreme anti everything groups that totally ignore facts that do not match the dogma.
Look, True North is as impartial as Fox News is to the conservative movement.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Key words "A media outlet does not have to be impartial "
That's right. They don't, but by taking government money they cannot be impartial. They must print what the government tells them to or risk losing the free money. Independent media does not have that problem. They can present the facts without fear of losing money.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Look, True North is as impartial as Fox News is to the conservative movement.
And CNN is just Fox News for leftists who need to be told what to think without getting all the facts. Fake muslim travel ban anyone? Anyone? Or how about when Trump signed one of his first EOs restoring the funding to HBCU's that Obama had slashed( because Obama cared sooo much about Black people). CNN was there. Unfortunately their idea of news was to ignore what was being signed and instead whine about Kellyanne Conway sitting with her feet on a couch in the Oval Office taking a picture of the moment. That's what the "trusted" MSM and legacy media have become. They've whored themselves out to their political parties of choice and have lost all their objectivity. Which I guess is okay since objectivity is now a "symptom of White privilege".

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Watching Global morning news as we speak . No mention of the many freedom rallies held around the country and around the world yesterday . No mention of the thousands of trucks heading to Ottawa , no mention of supply chain issues and mandates . They did talk of the truck protest about unsafe roads .

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
And CNN is just Fox News for leftists who need to be told what to think without getting all the facts. Fake muslim travel ban anyone? Anyone? Or how about when Trump signed one of his first EOs restoring the funding to HBCU's that Obama had slashed( because Obama cared sooo much about Black people). CNN was there. Unfortunately their idea of news was to ignore what was being signed and instead whine about Kellyanne Conway sitting with her feet on a couch in the Oval Office taking a picture of the moment. That's what the "trusted" MSM and legacy media have become. They've whored themselves out to their political parties of choice and have lost all their objectivity. Which I guess is okay since objectivity is now a "symptom of White privilege".
Yup.
One media group is no better than the other so, telling someone to watch or read a particular media only demonstrates that persons political leanings. To defend one media or another further demonstrates the leanings of that person. Having said that, in US media, I find AP and PBS to be quite unbiased.
Also as another poster said, "by taking government money they cannot be impartial."

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yup.
One media group is no better than the other so, telling someone to watch or read a particular media only demonstrates that persons political leanings. To defend one media or another further demonstrates the leanings of that person. Having said that, in US media, I find AP and PBS to be quite unbiased.
Also as another poster said, "by taking government money they cannot be impartial."
PBS unbiased , my eye .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yup.
Remember back in the day when everyone knew pro wrestling was fake, and the industry finally admitted it was and the fans didn't care and continued to watch anyway?

Well, we're pretty much there with politics and the media too.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Watching Global morning news as we speak . No mention of the many freedom rallies held around the country and around the world yesterday . No mention of the thousands of trucks heading to Ottawa , no mention of supply chain issues and mandates . They did talk of the truck protest about unsafe roads .
Gotta keep the narrative going since Groper stocked up on "vaccines" to see us through 2024.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yup.
NOPE. Media that is financed by the government cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Only independent media can do that. So far only what you call right wing media(it isn't) is telling the truth. Any independent lefty media I have come across is too busy promoting their own dogma to let facts interfere. They are either controlled by ecoterrorists or extreme left social reformers. Things like Narwhal, Tyee news read like my union newsletter.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yup.
This is a tough one. Those that have been government approved as leaning the right (sorry, correct left I guess) direction so deserving government dole $$$, & then accepting it, they lose any appearance of impartiality.

Those that have not been approved in the same medium by the government as deserving of the same government dole $$$ make you scratch your head a bit.

(Sorry, transition payments away from the paper medium Gov’t dole $$$, but only the select Liberal Party Favourable get this? That is blatantly ugly)

Call it Covid-Cash or Transition Payments, but when only the select get offered this, tell me it has no influence on the reporting of ‘the News’ with a straight face please.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
This is a tough one. Those that have been government approved as leaning the right (sorry, correct left I guess) direction so deserving government dole $$$, & then accepting it, they lose any appearance of impartiality.

Those that have not been approved in the same medium by the government as deserving of the same government dole $$$ make you scratch your head a bit.

(Sorry, transition payments away from the paper medium Gov’t dole $$$, but only the select Liberal Party Favourable get this? That is blatantly ugly)

Call it Covid-Cash or Transition Payments, but when only the select get offered this, tell me it has no influence on the reporting of ‘the News’ with a straight face please.
I cannot tell you that the infusion of government money to the media did or did not influence their reporting. That is the issue.
I saw a list and the list is very log so I suspect that every media outlet in Canada got some money. That is above and beyond the CEWS (wage support) that they all took as well.
So, are media impartial? I suspect they claim to be but are not or are very careful in their government criticism.
That is Canada, in the US, it is very different and as I said, I think AP, PBS are the least biased.
Here is a story that includes a list of media that got money

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I cannot tell you that the infusion of government money to the media did or did not influence their reporting. That is the issue.
I saw a list and the list is very log so I suspect that every media outlet in Canada got some money. That is above and beyond the CEWS (wage support) that they all took as well.
So, are media impartial? I suspect they claim to be but are not or are very careful in their government criticism.
That is Canada, in the US, it is very different.
Yep, it's different in the US all right. Much of the the US news media has willingly suborned themselves to the Democrats without the bribe Canadian news media got. The out and out fake news coming from US news outlets also exceeds that coming from Canada although with the residential school shit, the fake news in Canada is increasing considerably.