Trucker protest at U.S. border crossing reportedly several kilometres long

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's bizarre that the shitheads claim the Native protesters were treated with kid gloves, and offer pictures of massive police/military responses to Native protests as proof.

Well, maybe not "bizarre" so much as "stupid."

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
In reaction to that twitter post.

It was mandatory for Ottawa Police to be vaccinated. https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...-from-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-idUSL1N2UK1F9

No government made it mandatory for employers to require or demand vaccinations. That was the determination of employers. Almost all employers decided that for health and welfare of all their employees vaccinations are needed. Even unions agreed that for all the workers to be safe, vaccinations are required.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It was mandatory for Ottawa Police to be vaccinated. https://www.reuters.com/article/fac...-from-covid-19-vaccine-mandates-idUSL1N2UK1F9

No government made it mandatory for employers to require or demand vaccinations. That was the determination of employers. Almost all employers decided that for health and welfare of all their employees vaccinations are needed. Even unions agreed that for all the workers to be safe, vaccinations are required.
But. . . but. . . wutabout MAH RAHT to be a performative asshole?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's bizarre that the shitheads claim the Native protesters were treated with kid gloves, and offer pictures of massive police/military responses to Native protests as proof.

Well, maybe not "bizarre" so much as "stupid."

Okay you really are fucking stupid.. The Natives were attacked by the Government.. everyone knows it was a double standard..

The protestors now are being treated with kid gloves now.

Rosebud

Nominee Member
Feb 6, 2012
To consider bridge structure mechanics.

If memory serves me, High School Mechanics courses taught that in the design phase of bridges, calculations for safety were done on the bases of dead loads measured in Kps suited to the purpose of the structure. We students had final exams to calculate the static load bearing on bridge structures at various points. The base load calculation reflected normal traffic loads. Nowhere do I remember that the law insisted it be calculated with a bridge loaded with stopped tractor trailers parked bumper to bumper, trailer itself loaded. I would guess that the result of even a slight tremor would change driver priorites in a hurry, but then too late. My guess is Johnny would want to move on in a hurry.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
F66FD2CD-ABAA-4C8D-8148-1CB9CD0D1560.jpeg

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
...no kidding sherlock. did we have an election and I missed it.. duh.

But if 4 more MLA's leave the Liberal Party the Conservative take over the Government

Interesting and history times in Canada.
No, that is not how things work. If the liberals lose 4 more MLA, they are still in power until a confidence vote, and they would quickly form team NDP/Liberal.