toronto

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
But does a millitary sweep not sound like good solution.

No. It would be a sign that we lived in fascist state.

Im just sick of people who want more money for homeless needs.

I'm sick of yuppie scum in South Winnipeg demanding massive infrastructure programs so they can drive their SUVs to work. I'm not proposing that we press gang them into military service though.

There has to be a solution to prevent vagrants from poluting the streets

There has to be a solution to those who consider money more important than people from polluting our country.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
But does a millitary sweep not sound like good solution.

No. It would be a sign that we lived in fascist state.

Im just sick of people who want more money for homeless needs.

I'm sick of yuppie scum in South Winnipeg demanding massive infrastructure programs so they can drive their SUVs to work. I'm not proposing that we press gang them into military service though.

There has to be a solution to prevent vagrants from poluting the streets

There has to be a solution to those who consider money more important than people from polluting our country.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Yuh Know;

When I think of homeless people, I think of when I slept upon the streets of Toronto.
The first thing a homeless person must do is find a "safe" place to sleep. I would think that the most safe place was City Hall property because of so much security being around.
It reminds me of dopers I used to know .... Some stood on the street corner close to a police station when buying their drugs .... so that they wouldn't get mugged, robbed or beat-up by other druggies.

Howcome we always pick out the worst examples of homeless people to justify the fact that there are so many people who need help? There are thousands upon thousands of homeless people in Toronto.

The rich have always abused the system more than the poor!

When I read commentary where negative things are said about homeless people, it is just as though the homeless had assaulted someone or that they had committed a crime.
Are we not lucky that they manage to maintain a sense of civility?
Imagine if the homeless just ridiculed or abused the rich in the same way? Or treated their neighbours so shabbily?

I think we are lucky that the poor have not just rioted!

I laugh when I see a news story on TV and where they brag about opening a new home for abused women and act as though the problem was almost solved.
There are 10 thousand abused women in Toronto and the new home they opened will house only 14 women and kids.
It's a joke!

I'm very close to being homeless myself. The only reason I still have my apartment is because I only eat once a day.

But .... if ever I lost my apartment and before I stood in line for 5 years in order to get housing assistance ..... I'm gonna cause a lot of damage. If I ever lose my apartment .... the rich are forewarned.
Lock your doors!

The most desperate time I had was in 1982. I got laid off and had 2 kids.
I took my family to Ottawa and asked Mr. Trudeau to tell my family why I was unable to feed them.
I told Trudeau that if I had done my job half as bad as he had done his, I would of been fired and not just laid off.

No more protests for me.

Today I would ask all the rich folks about how much insurance they had and what was their deductible?
The rich could pay an extra thousand in taxes every year or pay the deductible on their front windows!

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Yuh Know;

When I think of homeless people, I think of when I slept upon the streets of Toronto.
The first thing a homeless person must do is find a "safe" place to sleep. I would think that the most safe place was City Hall property because of so much security being around.
It reminds me of dopers I used to know .... Some stood on the street corner close to a police station when buying their drugs .... so that they wouldn't get mugged, robbed or beat-up by other druggies.

Howcome we always pick out the worst examples of homeless people to justify the fact that there are so many people who need help? There are thousands upon thousands of homeless people in Toronto.

When I read commentary where negative things are said about homeless people, it is just as though the homeless had assaulted someone or that they had committed a crime.
Imagine if the homeless just ridiculed or abused the rich in the same way? Or treated their neighbours so shabbily?

I laugh when I see a news story on TV and where they brag about opening a new home for abused women and act as though the problem was almost solved.
There are 10 thousand abused women in Toronto and the new home they opened will house only 14 women and kids.
It's a joke!

I'm very close to being homeless myself. The only reason I still have my apartment is because I only eat once a day.

But .... if ever I lost my apartment and before I stood in line for 5 years in order to get housing assistance ..... I'm gonna cause a lot of damage. If I ever lose my apartment .... the rich are forewarned.
Lock your doors!

I took my family to Ottawa and asked Mr. Trudeau to tell my family why I was unable to feed them.
I told Trudeau that if I had done my job half as bad as he had done his, I would of been fired and not just laid off.

No more protests for me.

Today I would ask all the rich folks about how much insurance they had and what was their deductible?
The rich could pay an extra thousand in taxes every year or pay the deductible on their front windows!

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Yuh Know;

It's a joke!

Lock your doors!

No more protests for me.

Calm

Dr Caleb

Feb 14, 2005
Why do we treat the homeless worse than animals?

If I see a stray animal, I can call the SPCA who will come and pick it up, give it a warm place to stay and feed it.

Dr Caleb

Feb 14, 2005

If I see a stray animal, I can call the SPCA who will come and pick it up, give it a warm place to stay and feed it.

Dr Caleb

Feb 14, 2005

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I have seen dead vagrants frozen in the gutters here and people camping in the dead of winter under one of our overpasses--and we have facilities for them! But,for some reason, they prefer the streets.Some may be suffering from a mental illness-there have been many on the streets who used to be residents of our provincial asylum and when it was razed,took to wandering the streets. Our solutions include a mobile soup kitchen ,our Romero House and of course,The Salvation Army . At least, we see that they have blankets,warm food and sleeping bags & try to encourage these people to come inside one of our shelters.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
The difference between animals and humans is that we don't give animals a choice. Some people don't want help. They want to live on the streets.

We need to ensure these people have access to a warm shelter and food but we can't force them to avail themselves of these services.

Unfortunately, most street people don't have an education and don't have a very high self esteem of themselves. Until we correct these issues (especially the self esteem) nothing much is going to change.

I've always been a firm believer of teaching to fish rather than giving a fish. We need to correct the root problem(self esteem and education) and take care of their basic necessities.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Actually the root problem is why the lack self-esteem and education, tibear. There are reasons why people drop out and sociologists have identified many of them. Instead of doing something about it we just keep getting meaner as a society.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
RB,

Children of parents who have no ambition have a real problem. In our society, lack of ambition is not enough to label you as a "bad parent" and then qualify the child for additional resources.

After all this would be imposing our values onto others and we can't do that. All we can do is be available for those wanting help.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Define ambition. Not everybody wants a monster house, a trophy wife, 1.75 kids, and a Hummer. Maybe their ambition is to paint or be the best television watcher they can be.