toronto

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Yuh Know;

I'm a resident of Toronto.

It is very depressing to know that "everything" is right next door and I can't afford to participate.

It's nice to know that "everything" is here in Toronto .... but always remember that not everyone can afford "anything", much less "everything"

Things are so great in Toronto that the mayor just passed a law where it is now a criminal act for homeless people to sleep on City Hall property.

Calm

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The CBC mentioned that ,on theaverage night in Winter,there are a thousand homeless sleeping on the streets in Toronto. This is a complete shock to me.. I thought there would be more than that! With my income,I'd be there with them !

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The CBC mentioned that ,on theaverage night in Winter,there are a thousand homeless sleeping on the streets in Toronto. This is a complete shock to me.. I thought there would be more than that! With my income,I'd be there with them !

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Things are so great in Toronto that the mayor just passed a law where it is now a criminal act for homeless people to sleep on City Hall property.

...and that's the allegedly homeless-friendly left-leaning mayor.

They had a pretty good co-op housing thing for homeless kids in Toronto a couple of years ago. It got them job training and stuff too. Is that project still around?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

They had a pretty good co-op housing thing for homeless kids in Toronto a couple of years ago. It got them job training and stuff too. Is that project still around?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

bigjoshuaw

Feb 14, 2005
Solution to Homelessness!

Millitary. Lets have the canadaian millitary sweep through Toronto once a month and give them an education, Discipline, Belonging and a chance to do something with ther lives.

Or waste tax money on shelters and programs that dont amount to squat and prolong the problem rather then rectify it.

bigjoshuaw

Feb 14, 2005

Millitary. Lets have the canadaian millitary sweep through Toronto once a month and give them an education, Discipline, Belonging and a chance to do something with ther lives.

Or waste tax money on shelters and programs that dont amount to squat and prolong the problem rather then rectify it.

bigjoshuaw

Feb 14, 2005

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: toronto

bigjoshuaw said:

There is a whole culture of kids who think it's 'cool' to be homeless and just utilise the shelters every night for a place to stay -- come home late whenever you want. They think it's the ultimate thing to be able to do this and they rely on all of these free programs they have available.

Most of them refuse to work and just steal and panhandle all day to pay for their drug fixes at supper time. Their high wears down and then they goto shelters.

So many people have undermined the system and both a> made it much for difficult for someone who really needs the system and b> given their whole 'thing' a bad image.

I don't want to support the kids who steal and do drugs and then rely on the shelter system.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

bigjoshuaw said:

There is a whole culture of kids who think it's 'cool' to be homeless and just utilise the shelters every night for a place to stay -- come home late whenever you want. They think it's the ultimate thing to be able to do this and they rely on all of these free programs they have available.

Most of them refuse to work and just steal and panhandle all day to pay for their drug fixes at supper time. Their high wears down and then they goto shelters.

So many people have undermined the system and both a> made it much for difficult for someone who really needs the system and b> given their whole 'thing' a bad image.

I don't want to support the kids who steal and do drugs and then rely on the shelter system.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

bigjoshuaw said:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
That's a sign of a deeper social problem though, Andem. A lot of those kids come from troubled homes and the street is an escape for them. A lot of them head for the street because they already have friends there, although they themselves come from reasonably good homes.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
That's a sign of a deeper social problem though, Andem. A lot of those kids come from troubled homes and the street is an escape for them. A lot of them head for the street because they already have friends there, although they themselves come from reasonably good homes.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

bigjoshuaw

Feb 14, 2005
But does a millitary sweep not sound like good solution. It gets the kids who abuse the programs and aides the truly down on there luck people. Im just sick of people who want more money for homeless needs. Ok maybe no a sweep cause that would be what unconstitutional but station a few good men (or women) in the shelters. There has to be a solution to prevent vagrants from poluting the streets

bigjoshuaw

Feb 14, 2005
But does a millitary sweep not sound like good solution. It gets the kids who abuse the programs and aides the truly down on there luck people. Im just sick of people who want more money for homeless needs. Ok maybe no a sweep cause that would be what unconstitutional but station a few good men (or women) in the shelters. There has to be a solution to prevent vagrants from poluting the streets

bigjoshuaw

Feb 14, 2005

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
But does a millitary sweep not sound like good solution.

No. It would be a sign that we lived in fascist state.

Im just sick of people who want more money for homeless needs.

I'm sick of yuppie scum in South Winnipeg demanding massive infrastructure programs so they can drive their SUVs to work. I'm not proposing that we press gang them into military service though.

There has to be a solution to prevent vagrants from poluting the streets

There has to be a solution to those who consider money more important than people from polluting our country.