Tired of the winters? Come to Florida!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Practically everywhere is a better place to live than Brittian

Canada isn't.

And don't give me all that shite about those UN Quality of Life lists.

I've just given a few god reasons why it's far better living in Britain than in the USA. The same list applies to Canada.

Would you rather have a pint of Old Speckled Hen in the 14th Century Saracen's Head in the Yorkshire Dales with its beer garden overlooking the ruins of a Viking settlement or a pint of Coors in Joe's Bar in some back backwater, boring, Canadian town with no real history?

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Canada isn't.
I've just given a few god reasons why it's far better living in Britain than in the USA. The same list applies to Canada.
Would you rather have a pint of Old Speckled Hen in the 14th Century Saracen's Head in the Yorkshire Dales with its beer garden overlooking the ruins of a Viking settlement or a pint of Coors in Joe's Bar in some back backwater, boring, Canadian town with no real history?
HEY!!

We have our own archaic drinking traditions in this country.

You haven't lived until you've watched the Leafs fall down at the Legion, year after year!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
HEY!!
We have our own archaic drinking traditions in this country.
You haven't lived until you've watched the leafs fall down at the Legion!

I'm drinking a bottle of Abbot Ale. It's brewed in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, where beer has been brewed in the town's great abbey since 1086 (as it says on the bottle). It has masses of fruit cake characters, a malty richness and superb hop balance.

I've also got a bottle of Banana Bread Beer, which is banana flavour.

REAL beers, real ale, not the crappy watery version that you have.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Of course it is. My home town is full of ex-Brittish soldiers that couldn’t wait to get out of the shyte hole.

Yeah, sure it is.

I do believe, though, that many, if not most, British emigrants to Canada end up moving back to Britain not long after.

Rayj00

Aug 29, 2019
Britain's a far better place to live than Florida.

Americans don't quite have the humour and sarcasm and irony of the British.

In Florida I can't have a pint of Black Sheep in a 13th Century pub or take a summer's afternoon picnic on an Iron Age hillfort.

I would struggle to get decent fish and chips. American beer and cheese and "candy" are shit.

British TV shows and sitcoms are better.

Our radios churn out better music.

Our weather is better than Florida: it isn't torturingly hot all the time and we don't have hurricanes.

Floridians can't visit Roman or Anglo-Saxon ruins nearby.

There are no great medieval cathedrals in Florida.

Our murder rate is far lower than Florida's.

What I'm basically saying is that it's far more enjoyable living in Britain than living in America.

Good for you! But in America, we enjoy American things. British humor is not very humorous to me.
And for your comment on music is hilarious! We produce some of the best music in the world. Granted, a lot of our music history started in the U.K., especially the Beatles invasion. But Motown can never be beat! I don't like Rap, but good R&B? You can't find better then here.

Your ruins are for tourists. Once a local sees them, then what? See them again?

And it's not hot here all the time! The winter months (Nov-Mar) are wonderful! But so is a nice air conditioned home and a swimming pool or beach in the summer.

With Muslims taking over London, your country is doomed to become majority Muslim in a generation or two. You can have it.

Rayj00

Aug 29, 2019
I'm drinking a bottle of Abbot Ale. It's brewed in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, where beer has been brewed in the town's great abbey since 1086 (as it says on the bottle). It has masses of fruit cake characters, a malty richness and superb hop balance.

I've also got a bottle of Banana Bread Beer, which is banana flavour.

REAL beers, real ale, not the crappy watery version that you have.

You call Banana Beer real beer? Bwahahaahaha....you're a funny guy!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Canada isn't.
What you think of as a boring backwater is way nmore free and fun than anywhere in Brittain.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Good for you! But in America, we enjoy American things. British humor is not very humorous to me.
And for your comment on music is hilarious! We produce some of the best music in the world. Granted, a lot of our music history started in the U.K., especially the Beatles invasion. But Motown can never be beat! I don't like Rap, but good R&B? You can't find better then here.
And it's not hot here all the time! The winter months (Nov-Mar) are wonderful! But so is a nice air conditioned home and a swimming pool or beach in the summer.
With Muslims taking over London, your country is doomed to become majority Muslim in a generation or two. You can have it.

Canada's Muslim population growth is the second- biggest in the Western world, after the Republic of Ireland.

Seems like Canada will be taken over before us.

And Motown is shit, like most American music.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Err, yeah. Why would a Brit want to see Hadrian's Wall or Chester's Roman coliseum just once? The chances are they'd want to visit them many times.

People living near the mighty Iron Age hillforts visit them one day to walk their dogs and the next to have a picnic if it's hot and sunny.

I've visited the early 18th Century grouse-hunting lodge on Winter Hill overlooking Bolton many times. It's fascinating. It's etched all over its stony exterior with graffiti dating back over 200 years. It's great reading it.