Those Carbon Tax Stickers on the gas pumps

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Anyone notice those stickers on the gas pumps which show what the carbon tax is going to cost people now and in the future?

At alot of stations I've noticed that people have been ripping those stickers from off of the pumps.

Why would people do this? And who would you think are the people doing it?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Critised as forced speech?

Isn't that like every opinion on any political topic that either party would advertise about that topic?
I think their complaint is the govt is forcing private enterprise to post the truth about the carbon tax. Leftists absolutely eschew the truth, especially when those truths are subverting their lies.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
we have been paying a carbon tax since 2008

i have never seen a sticker on a gas pump saying how much is going to the carbon tax

I believe that putting stickers on gas pumps is against the law

Here's a list of all the taxes you pay on a litre of gas in B.C.:

Provincial motor fuel tax (Metro Vancouver) — 1.75 cents
Provincial motor fuel tax (everywhere else in B.C.) — 7.75 cents.
B.C.'s carbon tax — 8.89 cents.
The B.C. Transportation Finance Authority tax — 6.75 cents.
TransLink tax (If you live in Metro Vancouver) — 17 cents, increasing to 18.5 cents on July 1.
Transit tax (If you live in Victoria) — 5.5 cents.
Federal excise tax — 10 cents.
Finally, pay the five per cent Goods and Services Tax on top of the total price.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
we have been paying a carbon tax since 2008

i have never seen a sticker on a gas pump saying how much is going to the carbon tax

I believe that putting stickers on gas pumps is against the law
You believe a LOT of stupid shit. The complaint isn't about some stickers on gas pumps, the complaint is about the content of those stickers and whether the govt can compel private enterprise to post the message. But it's also not like Groper is forthcoming with how much his carbon tax will reduce emissions by, even when asked to simply ballpark it. Not one single member of Team Groper has given a direct answer to that question.

You'd think with how hard they've been hammering at it and telling us all it's a vital component of emissions reduction, they'd have some idea of how effective it's going to be, if it's so "vital".

But hey, I understand. You're still in denial that the IPCC admitted their predictions are bullshit, and that AGW isn't the driving force behind climate change.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/environment/climate-change/planning-and-action/carbon-tax

B.C.’s carbon tax provides a signal across the economy to reduce emissions while encouraging sustainable economic activity and investment in low-carbon innovation.

In 2008, the province implemented North America’s first broad-based carbon tax, proving that it is possible to reduce emissions while growing the economy. Between 2007 and 2016, provincial real GDP grew by 19%, while net emissions declined by 3.7%.