This one's for Valentine's Day

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Ok, got my chickie here, good g/f of mine. She's got herself a pretty new man (about 3-4 months). She needs some Valentine's day ideas for the guy. She will even make something homemade if it's a good idea...

Come on you guys, time's a wastin....... 8)

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Morning GG

I never know what you are going to come up with and it's always fun.... your g/f is lucky to have you putting out the requests.

Mine is boring but it worked for years for me.... homemade cookies....from scratch.... Shortbread rolled really thin and buttery is good and each can be cut into a heart shape....

I know it's old fashioned but there are so many things a person can buy - even at the last minute...at least cookies take some time and planning and care and love.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
So far the coolest thing we have found is a flask that looks like a cell phone. But since dude doesn't drink....

I wouldn't want her to make cookies for him... MMM but you can make me some for Valentine's day...

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
How long has he been carrying that same wallet? If the answer is, "too long," consider replacing it with a smart-looking new one. And don't forget to slip a picture of you inside.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
GG

You are a brat! No doubt about it....! :p

I hope some of the guys will answer...I'm not good at what guys want these days .... depends upon his taste.... CD or DVD will work and isn't too personal. Picture of her because there is time but maybe too soon for that. Gift certificate at a hardware store?

I have trouble making cookies for other people GG because I end up eating them myself as they finish baking!

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I think not said:
I was going to recommend food and sex missile but I figured I would get something thrown at me :lol:

There's a food and sex missile? Now that's a good gift idea. :wink:

Well so far, they have dinner plans at my favorite restaurant. Ok, one she hasn't lived here long, so she tends to eat at all my favorite restaurants.

I'm bad at Valentine's day. I think it sucks, I'm not a fan. I'd rather have flowers for no reason than because someone told the man to buy them. You know?

Anyhoo, thanks for the ideas, keep em comin.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
GreenGreta; I agree with you. There is so much pressure on the Male Species to perform geat feats of romantic hoo-ha.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Aw ... Valentine's Day is so freakin' romantic!

I love the idea of home-cooked stuff for Valentine's day; quiet, candle-lit, and romantic ... love it! Whatever it is, make sure there is some sort memorable twist thrown in — that way, he will never forget it.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
You single Caracal?

Well you gotta at least throw some half dead roses at the girl.

I'm happy to be single, it's cheaper.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Is Valentine's Day for men only?

I thought women were in on the gift giving too - buying their fav guy something nice.

Equality and all that. :wink:

Oh well I like what GG and Sassylassie said about being "told" to buy treats. We get enough of that pressure over Christmas.

"For no reason" gifts are the best surprises and I think they come from a nicer place than advertising gimmicks.

GG - sorry - I ate em all - only had salad for dinner and was hungry later...

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
That's ok, you eat those cookies. :lol: I'll just turn into a hog once I start. Shortbread is my favorite, just ask cosmo. Oh, Cos, where's my recipe..... I was waiting until she "unpacked" after the move. Didn't you move a year ago Cos?

I think she should buy a bunch of the love hearts and pull out all the cute ones and decorate a heartshaped cake with them. Then, when he walks in the door... Throw it at his head. :)