The Unbearable Lightness of Liberals

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Maybe for Canadians it's not really that "debatable" of a subject, it's more like rooting for one candidate or the other much like we root for a sports team..........based more on emotions than anything else.

No doubt but I've seen more class and respect displayed when two people have dueling NHL teams. And that's saying something! Lol.

You could use the same post on most of the religious threads.

Or any "discussion" in which one participants mind is completely closed.

We have a very similar personality that takes the exact same tactic when it comes to environmental issues. He actually goes around labeling people sociopaths.

Well - its what passes for a debate on US politics. They're mostly shows with little substance.

Sorry to piggyback my little rant onto my reply to your post, lol. It's just been building up and I needed to get it out! :)

There are two things I truly cannot abide: arrogance and hypocrisy. And even then the occasional slip up I just ignore, but when it's nearly every single post I just end up wanting to slap the smug off of them. Know what I mean?

We do have stake, in what happens across the border.

It affects us for sure, but we really have no say in the matter when it comes right down to it. And I can certainly understand being passionate about your viewpoints but the level of arrogance displayed is just so over the top. It's the vegetable monarch all over again, in fact I'm not entirely convinced they aren't one in the same to be honest. Both represent themselves as caricatures of their respective positions and neither one can take a hint, or a direct suggestion for that matter.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Is this thread about liberals, or Liberals? Or people in the US called 'liberals', who are generally what we in Canada call 'conservatives'?