'The science is clear. It leaves no room for procrastination. Global warming is real.

ShepherdsDog

Feb 12, 2007
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
The irony of man made pollution is that some of it is actually slowing down the rate of global warming by blocking some of the solar radiation.

I know this is bound to cause some controversy, but why don't we let W go ape**** on the Middle East and turn all that sand into a giant solar reflector.:laughing7:

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
The temperature of Earth's core is pretty constant. The mantle (just beneath the crust is about 800° to 900° centigrade, below that is the outer core which goes from about 4500° near the mantle to about 6000°, after that I forget but it gets hotter.

Here is a site that proves this planet in the north was a lot warmer than today. It talks about atmospheric carbon thought to have been 2-3,000ppm compared to today with 380ppm, and this before our industries and vehicles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3631764.stm

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The temperature of Earth's core is pretty constant. The mantle (just beneath the crust is about 800° to 900° centigrade, below that is the outer core which goes from about 4500° near the mantle to about 6000°, after that I forget but it gets hotter.
I read an article the other day on how increased tectonic and volcanic activity in the Pacific and Atlantic, is causing the Oceanic temps to rise. I'm trying to find it again, I didn't bookmark it, or I might have and can't find it in the zillions of addy's.

ShepherdsDog

Feb 12, 2007
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
An increase in vulcanism is bound to have effect on the Earth's climate, a larger one by far than any human contributions. Historical geologists now postulate that it was the CO2, and other gases(methane for one), produced by volcanic activity that wiped out most of the dinosaurs in the late Cretaceous. The air on the planet was so polluted and the climate so out of whack that the asteroid was just a final mercy blow.

Hmmm....there has been a recent increase in tectonic activity in the western Pacific basin. Maybe Hicks (a reference to Aliens) was right....