The Reality of Religion

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Yep. The old times are gone. Reality is seeping into religion.
At least I hope it is.

Not staying quiet seems to equal attack.
Poor religious people. They are to be pitied.
Too bad I can't say more, I'll just let reality rein supreme.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nothing seems to make Atheists madder than other people having found faith in their religion.

If I come to you and shove a Bible in your face, nobody is suggesting you should stay quiet. But why do you (the collective you as well as the singular you) find it necessary to shove your non-bible in mine?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
If I come to you and shove a Bible in your face, nobody is suggesting you should stay quiet. But why do you (the collective you as well as the singular you) find it necessary to shove your non-bible in mine?

That's the meat of it there, isn't it? If folks would make the decision for themselves and leave it at that then everything would be fine, extremism excepted of course. It's when people get to thinking that others should be conforming to their ideas of how things work that the problems start.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
seems like everyone has a point fo make for some damn reason

I do too sometimes I think maybe we're hard wired that way

Haha. You da man. Enjoy your points.
They don't hurt anyone unless they choose.
What you don't believe is sometimes a problem for those
who think things should be the way you don't believe.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Haha. You da man. Enjoy your points.
They don't hurt anyone unless they choose.
What you don't believe is sometimes a problem for those
who think things should be the way you don't believe.
It doesn't really matter what others believe. Unless that belief develops into harmful actions towards others

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
seems like everyone has a point fo make for some damn reason

I do too sometimes I think maybe we're hard wired that way
Yep. We're no different from bonobos.

See, bonobos live on the ground, but they sleep in trees. Usually the whole troop'll sleep in one tree, and your status in the troop determines how high up in the tree you sleep. Well, bonobos're just like us and most other mammals, and they all do the same thing when they wake up in the morning. Gravity being what it is, this can be a more or less pleasant experience depending on where you are in the tree.

So with us, just like with bonobos, social status is all about who gets to piss on whom.