The Myth of Zarqawi

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Again, the mainstream media laps up this story up. Whatever happened to investigative journalism?

Chossudovsky wrote a report in June about this new internatioanal bogeyman. Here is a great report from Pepe Escobar.

Zarqawi - Bush's man for all seasons

[snipped]

So, first Zarqawi was used as a justification for the Iraqi war; then he became the reason for why there was no peace. Instead, what sources close to the resistance tell Asia Times Online, is that Zarqawi is a minor player: most Iraqis, Shi'ite and Sunni alike, reject his brutal methods, and even Islamic clerics who support the resistance but criticize Zarqawi's methods are routinely denounced by Zarqawi as "collaborators".

Where is his "base"? Zarqawi may have found plenty of funds and manpower in Saudi Arabia, especially after the siege of Fallujah in April, as well as in pockets of the Sunni triangle. Tawhid does exist as a movement, it may have as many as 1,000 members. Once again, the majority of the Iraqi resistance refuse to blow up Iraqi policemen or the desperate urban youth queuing up every day to get jobs in the security services. But for Tawhid, any Iraqi collaborating with the occupation in any way is a legitimate target.

Everything imaginable, in Iraq and elsewhere, has been attributed to Zarqawi: the Casablanca and Istanbul bombings in 2003; the assassination in August 2003, in Najaf, of key Shi'ite player Ayatollah al-Hakim; bomb attacks in February 2004 where more than 100 unemployed people applying for a job with the Iraqi police were killed; the Madrid bombings in March; the beheading of Berg [a hoax]; a wave of attacks in June, with more than 100 dead; the beheadings of the two Americans Armstrong and Hensley and Briton Bigley in September/October. Zarqawi is connected to something like three dozen "terrorist attacks" in Iraq, not to mention countless warnings, threats or communiques. But only half a dozen attacks among roughly 3,000 against the Americans and the so-called coalition can be attributed with certainty to Zarqawi.

There's no shortage of documentation, in print and online, on how US intelligence agents operating around the world since the 1950s have created and developed their own terrorist groups; their own terrorist warnings concerning these terrorist groups; and then how they applied multibillion-dollar counterterrorism tactics - including black psy-ops - to neutralize these terrorist groups they created in the first place.

Disinformation and propaganda are key. Creating a "face" to terror is key. So these black psy-ops always include the creation of a cipher. One American psy-ops operative recently leveled with the Australian newspaper The Age: "We were basically paying up to US$10,000 a time to opportunists and criminals who passed off fiction and supposition about Zarqawi as cast-iron fact, making him out as the linchpin of just about every attack in Iraq."

Zarqawi, described as "a master of disguise and bogus identification papers", has had a tendency to appear in several places at the same time, always eluding the efforts of the multibillion-dollar US intelligence machine. The Rupert Murdoch-owned The Weekly Standard, very cosy with the neo-cons, trumpeted that Zarqawi "is mounting a challenge to bin Laden's leadership of the global jihad".

But not a single source, anywhere, claims to have actually seen "Zarqawi" since late 2001 in Afghanistan. Ask the Pentagon. Ask the CIA. Ask the Federal Bureau of Investigation. No one, on the record, is able to independently verify that "Zarqawi" actually exists. There are no photos - only that same CIA-owned black and white. The CIA doesn't even know how tall or how fat "Zarqawi" is. All the literature on "Zarqawi" since late 2001 springs from dubious "confessions" by prisoners and "statements" by all sorts of people claiming to be "Zarqawi".

Even more extraordinary is that everybody and his neighbor is after Zarqawi: the Pentagon; the CIA; the Mukhabarat-lite intelligence services of Allawi; the Mehdi Army of Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr; the bombed residents of Fallujah, where he apparently is hiding; not to mention millions of Iraqis who would bless the heavens above for a shot at laying their hands on a $25 million bounty. Just like bin Laden, nobody can find Zarqawi. Why?

Or better yet, he may have been created by US military intelligence. This American "Zarqawi" is definitely a Hollywood improvement on the original: tall, urbane, highly articulate, and with agile legs. But then something went badly wrong with the plot. A rogue group, composed of Iraqis or foreign fighters or both, kidnapped the American Zarqawi identikit and inoculated its own virus: thus the savage, multiple beheadings.

If multi-purpose "Zarqawi" did not exist, he would have to be invented. The "Zarqawi" myth straddles pre-invasion and post-invasion, so the neo-cons can use it to justify just about anything. Cheney and Rumsfeld may keep exhuming Iraq's "long established ties with al-Qaeda" and may justify the de facto occupation because "Zarqawi", "linked to al-Qaeda", is still there, so Iraq is turning into al-Qaeda's base for more attacks against the US. It doesn't matter that German intelligence has consistently pointed out that Zarqawi would be a fierce rival to bin Laden as the leader of global jihad.

http://atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/FJ15Ak02.html

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Yes!

And for $10k U.S., I just may prostitute myself and spread lies that Zarqawi is behind all this "insurgencey".

A NEW Zarqawi letter

European Union experts from a counter-terrorism special cell in Brussels tell Asia Times Online, "We are working on the possibility that the letter may be an attempt to justify the current offensive by Iyad Allawi's government against the Sunni insurgency." That's also the predominant popular view in the Middle East.

In the end, this could be merely another US intelligence "black operation". Allawi wants Fallujah to hand him Zarqawi. Fallujah tribal leaders say Zarqawi is not in the city. Now, with alleged "proof" in writing of a Zarqawi-bin Laden link, there are no holds barred to leveling Fallujah. This October surprise from "the land of two rivers" is far from being the last.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/FJ20Ak03.html

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Was the decapitation of Nicholas Berg a hoax? It is said that Al-Zarqawi decapitated Berg personally - according to the Vrij Nederland (Free Netherlands), a national leftish magazine. And vista, may I remind you that an possible (and popular) assumption that it might not be Al-Zarqawi who makes the claim, does not immediately mean that Al-Zarqawi isn't at all the one who's behind it - something you seem to conclude.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
The Nick Berg execution is widely believed now to be a hoax .
I have links to various articles here...

http://www.newsgateway.ca/berg_decapitation_analysis.htm

The Prison Planet link has an extensive archive on this black operation.

http://prisonplanet.tv/articles/may2004/051104beheadsuscivilian.htm

Quite simply, there is much that demonstrates Zarqawi is simply the new ficticious 'terrorist mastermind' able to leap top buildings in a single bound and no evidence that he is who the US intelligence apparatus portrays him to be.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
$10,000? US? Until last month Zarqawi was living in my back shed. I had to evict him to make room for my antique walking tractor for the winter, but he was a good tenant...quiet, kept to himself, no loud parties.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait for that cheque for $10,000 US dollars now.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
$10,000? US? Until last month Zarqawi was living in my back shed. I had to evict him to make room for my antique walking tractor for the winter, but he was a good tenant...quiet, kept to himself, no loud parties.

I'm just gonna sit here and wait for that cheque for $10,000 US dollars now.

Reverend, you should have turned him in to the US for the $25 million award.

Then Bush could have pulled him out on the night before the election.

Rick, Zarqawi is/was a real Jordanian person. What lives now is a legend perpetuated by US intelligence.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Uh huh. And we KNOW Paul McCartney is dead because he's barefoot on Abbey Road. :?

The wall paint and chair is intrigueing, I must admit, but the rest of the "evidence" you really need to use your imagination to see.

For example, do some research and see what you can find out about digital cameras leaving a watermark. The only reference I've been able to find about it is the one in the hoax page.

I can't make out any guy in a U.S. Military cap edging into the picture. I tried and tried but I just don't see it. Even the circle they have of a soldier's head at Abu Graib for comparison...looks to me like the guys not even wearing a cap.

As for Dr. Guevara, well, I sure won't be booking any appointments with him. 8)

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
About the jumpsuit: is the one which Nicholas Berg was wearing, the same as prisoners are wearing in the Abu Graib prison? I've read the article of Nick Possum, and found it a bit ... weird. The way he wrote it opposes me. He says he has a hypothesis about the killing of Nicholas Berg, and that the CIA/FBI was behind it. At the point, instead of seriously proving that the CIA/FBI was behind it, he just starts describing how the CIA/FBI killed Berg. That is no proof for me. Have you read the article of Nick Possum vista?

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Yes, I just read it now.

While one cannot prove the CIA did it, one can clearly demonstrate what it is not legitimately what the CIA tells us it is - a peg-legged Zarqawi hacking off someone's head (off a body which is mysteriously devoid of blood).

Here is a link to the video. Best to down load and skip the talking (which we must rely on the CIA to translate).

http://www.canadiancrier.ca/videos/nickberg.htm

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
vista said:
(off a body which is mysteriously devoid of blood).

This is the point that caused me to cancel all appointments with Dr. Guevara. :wink:

A couple of years ago I had the misfortune of stumbling across a video of a Russian soldier being decapitated by a Chechen. That was enough for me, and I didn't watch any of the more recent videos. I was also struck by the lack of blood in the video I saw, and there is no question that the poor guy was alive. There must be a medical explanation for the lack of bleeding since it seems to be common. Something to do with going into shock and the circulation shutting down or something maybe.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
vista said:
A whole different ball game. Compare the two.

No way I'm gonna watch it, like I said one was enough for me.

If what you're saying is that there was a lot of bleeding then I don't know what the variable is. Some bleed some don't.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Suffice to say, the South Korean did not have a clean break.

The Berg epsidode had no peg-legged Zarqawi and many other inconsistencies and cuts in the video. There were many other intrigues around the whole affair.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I did not see both the movies of the decapitations, I don't want those images in my head, call me a wimp, but I'm not gonna sit around watching someone being beheaded. I do think it's weird that Nicholas Berg wasn't bleeding when he was decapitated (as said here); did some researching on the web, but it seems that when you decapitate a living person, there's always a heavy bleeding from the head and the body, except when the person who is decapitated is already dead.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Interesting.

Indeed, if that is indeed fact then the case than the Berg video was his live decapitation as the CIA would have us believe is inaccurate - a lie.