The Muslim and the Christian world…

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Muslims and Christians together make up well over half of the world’s population. Without peace and justice between these two religious communities, there can be no meaningful peace in the world. The future of the world depends on peace between Muslims and Christians.

The basis for this peace and understanding already exists.
It is part of the very foundational principles of both faiths:

love of the One God or supreme divine invisible energy of the Good, and love of they neighbour.
These principles are found over and over again in the sacred texts of Islam and Christianity.
The Unity and recognition of God, or supreme divine energy, the necessity of love for the concept of God, Muslim or Christian and the necessity of love of the neighbour is thus the common ground between Islam and Christianity.
Hate between these two religious concepts will one day destroy Humanity as we know it, and as we look back in history some civilisations vanished as a result of disregard the necessity for unity.
In bigoted terms, there is a deference, the Christian will think my values are better then some one who looks deferent the me, wearing a turban, kissing the ground during prayer. That distinct deference between these two religions will determine humanities future, Do we destroy one another? or we work on the common goal THE QUEST FOR PEACE.?

YouTube - John F. Kennedy On The Separation Of Church And State

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I would guess that Church & State would have to intersect somewhere,
unless they ran truly parallel to each other, but that would lead to a
choice between the two and thus competition between the two, and
thus conflict (an intersection of sorts)...and damn, now I'm confused. :-?

I think the same is in effect for religions competing for followers...I've no
idea as to a solution, but it's an interesting subject....8O

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
As soon as Christians have as many rights in Muslim countries as Muslims have in the Western World countries, I will believe that they have a legitimate right to bitch and complain.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I would guess that Church & State would have to intersect somewhere,
unless they ran truly parallel to each other, but that would lead to a
choice between the two and thus competition between the two, and
thus conflict (an intersection of sorts)...and damn, now I'm confused. :-?

I think the same is in effect for religions competing for followers...I've no
idea as to a solution, but it's an interesting subject....8O

True Ron, the competition between the two Church and State has created segregation, conflict, and contradiction.
My Christian God is better then the Muslim God, the State is more powerful then the

church, but the church pays no contribution to the State (taxes) Political leaders make laws to exploit , hypocrisy is alive and well, and the future of humanity is more in peril then Global warming because of hate.

giacomo

Mar 22, 2010
Finland
jakubko.blog.ca
That distinct deference between these two religions will determine humanities future, Do we destroy one another? or we work on the common goal THE QUEST FOR PEACE.?

I think Christians should become more aware of how Muslims think. What I've seen is that average Muslim knows far more about our religion, than we know of theirs. They know how Christianity was split in 19th century because of Liberal Theology, and how modern Christians are in a state of denial. Muslims know far more about biblical criticism, than we can even imagine.

That is why they feel spiritual superiority or ambivalence towards us.

Christians are more involved in the world of action, so in a way they are blind to this type of theological speculation. We see operations in Helmand, 9/11, The Gulf War, suicide bombers, terrorist attacks - we see scene of action, and we believe it is evident who is right and who is wrong.

I think, a Muslim may not think this way. Instead, he will say, that Christians worship three gods. Why is there two men, and one neuter in Christian heaven? He will not understand this, it is utterly incomprehensible. Three gods? Maybe they would like to know. Has any Christian tried to explain why we have "three gods"? Or why we are so lax about our sacred scriptures? Why do we not care about the origin of our texts?

We say, that our bible is the word of God. A Muslim perhaps wonders, how they can say that about a text, that doesn´t stand textual criticism? Textually, the Quran is much more authentic book than the New Testament.

Christians don't have answers. The whole subject is a tabu in our religion. I think, on a theological level, they have won. We don't even try. So, we concentrate in producing more bombs, more guns, more tanks. They will say that we are the same as were the Crusaders.

And we Christians are surpised, because surely our religion is only purest love, and most tender honey, and we don't remember what could had been "evangelization by the sword".

We are not able to look into mirror. We are not able to even try to identify with the views of some other religion. Basically, for a Christian, other religions are pagan religions, they are clever tricks organized by the master trickster Satan. Or if we try to understand other religion, it is the sly spirit of the Antichrist, and so on..

I think Christians are afraid. Afraid to look at themselves and their religion. If they really looked, with open mind, they maybe would be no longer Christians. Or if we listened to what other religions have to say, we would have to change our religion, so much that it wouldn't be the same. Our nice, orderly little box would become the Babel, the real world.

If we really would want peace, we would put it at first place, and stop proving that we are right, or perfect. No need for that. Maybe we are wrong, and Muslims see it?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning I'd hammer in the evening all over this land

The Christians have the Bible
The Muslims have the Koran
And they still don't get it

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Giacomo good to see you again, great dissection on this subject, being afraid of the mirror is a constant reality to many who come face to face with their conscience.
Cheers:canada::smile:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
As soon as Christians have as many rights in Muslim countries as Muslims have in the Western World countries, I will believe that they have a legitimate right to bitch and complain.

Wrong. Anybody has the right to bitch and complain in Canada. It is not up to you to decide who has the right to bitch and complain and who doesn't.