The history of guidance

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
This great aya of the Quran explains about the history of guidance:

Quran 2: 213, which means:
(People [in the time of Adam] were one community [of monotheists a1, then after him, they divided] a2.

So God sent prophets bringing good news [of Paradise]
b and giving warning [of Fire] c, and He sent down with them the [Heavenly] Book, expounding the true [religion];
so that [every prophet] might judge people concerning their deviation [from the truth]
d;

but none deviated from [the Heavenly Book] save those [misguided religious leaders]
e given the [Heavenly Book] even after the manifest [signs indicating the truthfulness of the Heavenly Book] had come to them, due to ‘their greed and their wronging of each other' [and seeking after the position];

so, with His leave [to His angels]
f, God guided the believers [to the way of the Islam:] to the truth from which they deviated g;
for God guides whom He pleases
h to a ‘standard straight’ path [of the truth having not any crookedness.])
...................................................................................

a1 None of them associated with God.

a2 into many sects and languages, and they deviated from the monotheism, and associated others with God.

b to anyone obeys Him.

c to anyone associates others with Him and disobeys Him.

d to the false religions and creeds, and to guide them to the religion of the truth.

e of Jews, Christians and others who sought after the World and the leadership.

f That is because God gave leave or permission to His angles and the angels guided them to that by inspiring and revealing.

g It means: God – be glorified – defined the correct way to them, so that they recognized the truth and distinguished it from the falsehood.

h i.e. who deserves the guidance.

The interpretation by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/2.htm#a2_213
quran-ayat.com/pret/2.htm#a2_213

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The price of ingratitude to God

People are in prosperity as long as they show gratitude to God's bounty, and as long as they worship Him alone and exclusively.

Then when they substitute the gratitude with ingratitude, and they incline to wrong-doing and gradually fall in the idolatry rather than worshiping God Almighty alone.. then God destroys them and creates another generation to succeed after them.. and will not be like them.

Quran 35: 15-17, which mean:
(15. O people, it is you that are in need of God a, while God is not in need of [any], and is the All-Laudable.
16. If He please He will make you perish [by death], and will bring [instead of you] a new creation b.
17. For that is no hard c [matter] for God.)

15 a So worship Him and ask of Him your needs.

16 b Whom He will create, [in stead of you,] and settle them in your land and your homes.

17 c i.e. It is neither impossible nor difficult.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/35.htm#a35_15
quran-ayat.com/pret/35.htm#a35_15

Last edited:

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
Prophet Hud warned his people of substituting them with others

Quran 11: 57, which means:
("But if you turn away [from me and listen not to my words],

I have conveyed to you [the message] with which I was sent to you,

and my Lord will [exterminate you and] make, a people other than you, to be successors [who will not associate as do you associate with God.]

You are not going to hurt Him any bit.

My Lord is Guardian over everything."
)

More explanation by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/11.htm#a11_57
quran-ayat.com/pret/11.htm#a11_57

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
God foretold the believers that they will be successors to rule in the earth:

On condition: they should worship Him alone.. once they deviate and insist on their idolatry.. He will substitute them with others.

Quran 24: 55, which means:
(God promises those among you who believe [with a true belief] and work righteous [works]:

that He will make them successors [to dispose] in the earth [succeeding those before them], as did He – before them – make those [Children of Israel:] successors [who succeeded Pharaoh in Egypt and the Amalecite in Jordan],

and that He will establish for them their religion [of the Islam] which He has approved for them
a,

and will grant them security in exchange after their fear [of the associaters among the Arab]
b;

[on condition that] they should worship Me [alone]
c but should not associate anything with Me. Then whoso becomes ungrateful, even after that [blessing], such will be sinners.d)
......................................................................................

55 a By letting the Islam religion prevail on all religions, and to let them possess the land.

55 b God in fact did fulfill His promise to them.

55 c Therefore, this is a condition for the lasting of their sovereignty, so that if they associate [anything or anyone with God] their authority will go away, and their sovereignty will disappear.

55 d And in fact, they denied God’s blessings and became disobedient to Him in the time of the Abbāsid kings, so God set on them the Tatar and the Mongol, who attacked and destroyed them utterly.

The explanation by the interpreter Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/24.htm#a24_55
quran-ayat.com/pret/24.htm#a24_55

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The promise of making the believers successors to inherit the earth

It is stated in the Quran and in the Psalms of David.

Quran 105-106, which mean:
(105. We have written in the Psalms after [writing] the admonition: "My righteous servants shall inherit the earth."

106. Surely, in this [writing in the Psalms] is an 'announcement' to a people who worship [God, and are righteous.])

More explanation by the interpreter Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/21.htm#a21_105
quran-ayat.com/pret/21.htm#a21_105

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The early history of guidance:

The three human races that God had created before He created Adam: the black, the yellow and the red race: these races had shed blood with fighting and wars among themselves and they had made mischief and corruption on earth.

Then God created Adam the father of the recent white human race: to be successor in the land to succeed after the folks who had been there shedding blood and making mischief and corruption.
http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#Life_Is_Transmissible
quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#Life_Is_Transmissible

Adam was righteous, and God forbade him to approach the tree of the wild berry which had spikes that tore up his clothes when he disobeyed God and approached the tree of the wild berry.

Then he asked forgiveness of God Who forgave him that, and Adam regretted and repented. He was righteous and God made him a prophet.

Adam built the House of God at Mecca which was the ancient house of God's worship when Mecca was called Becca in the ancient time.
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_96
quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_96

The two sons of Adam: Abel and Cain quarreled about a beautiful girl (from the yellow race) .. Adam told them to offer a sacrifice and then a fire would come out of heaven to burn the sacrifice of the one whose sacrifice would be accepted..
Abel was pious, and he offered the best ram out of his sheep as a sacrifice, while Cain was not righteous in the same way as his brother, so he offered some bad wheat from his farm.. the sacrifice of Abel was accepted, and Cain out of jealousy killed his brother, and repented and he lost.
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_27
quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_27

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The story of Noah with his idolatrous people:
Noah lived in Nineveh in the north of Iraq; he lived 950 years (his people also lived long lives by hundreds of years); his people worshiped many idols and statues; Noah invited them to worship God alone; they refused and insisted on their refusal; so God - be glorified - drowned them with torrential rain, and He saved Noah and the believers together with him in the Ark which Noah belt before the deluge.

Noah's story has been cited many times in the Quran, like in soora 71

(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)​

1. We sent Noah to his people, [saying to him:] "Warn your people [against worshipping the idols], before there come on them a painful chastisement."

2. [Noah] said: "My people, I am a warner [sent] to you [by God], manifesting [to you the proofs and evidences.]"

3. "That you should worship God [alone], ward off His [disobedience] and comply with my [instructions.]"

4. "And He will forgive you your sins, and defer you to a stated term; God's term [of your termination] – when it comes – cannot be deferred, did you but know [the truth.]")

More explanation and the rest of the story of Noah in this link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/71.htm#a71_1
quran-ayat.com/pret/71.htm#a71_1

And here is a beautiful recitation of this great soora 71 in the book of the Quran: