Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
In the Premier League, Manchester United beat Manchester City 2-1 to severely dent City's title hopes and boost Liverpool's.

Leaders Liverpool beat Bournemouth 3-0.

The results leave Manchester City in third place, 3 points behind Leicester City (who have played one game less) and 14 behind Liverpool, who seem to be closing in on their first league title for 30 years.

Meanwhile, in League One, Bolton Wanderers drew 2-2 with Wimbledon. Bolton remain bottom with just 2 points, 4 behind Southend.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Liverpool beat Spurs 1-0 to to remain on course to become English champions for the first time in 30 years.

In a massive reversal of fortunes, Southampton beat high-flying Leicester City 2-1. Leicester City won the reverse fixture 9-0 earlier in the season.

Struggling Manchester United beat lowly Norwich City 4-0, which may delay United's Norwegian boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer from being fired.

United remain in the Europa League spot, but face a big challenge from Sheffield United, Wolves, Spurs and Crystal Palace.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This has to be the greatest goal of all times...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Liverpool close in on first league title for 30 years

Premier League

Norwich City 0-1 Liverpool
Mané (78' minutes)

Liverpool's unstoppable charge towards their first top-flight title in 30 years is "outstanding", says Jurgen Klopp after his side edged a narrow victory over bottom-of-the-table Norwich.

Sadio Mane came off the bench to score the winner with 12 minutes remaining, expertly taking down skipper Jordan Henderson's raking pass and smashing in at the near post.

It means Klopp's men need just five more wins from their remaining 12 games to guarantee their first Premier League title, having dropped just two points all campaign, and lie a mammoth 25 points clear of champions Manchester City.

"The gap is so insane, I don't really understand it," Klopp told Sky Sports. "I am not smart enough. I have not had that before. It is outstanding, so difficult.

"I go back into the changing room and we chat about the things and then I am like 'Oh, but congratulations. We won the game, another three points.'"

Chances were at a premium in a blustery first half, but Liverpool ramped up the pressure in the second period - Canaries goalkeeper Tim Krul making a stunning double save to deny Mohamed Salah's low shot and Naby Keita's close-range follow-up.

Having been pegged back for a long period, Norwich could have scored on the counter-attack as Alex Tettey's strike from an angle caught Alisson by surprise at his near post but the effort rattled the foot of the upright.

But Senegal international Mane - who missed the last two games through a hamstring injury - proved to be the difference having entered the action on the hour mark.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51423887