Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
With 12 years to the end of the human species why all the money?

Elon Musk was paid more in 2018 than the next 65 highest-paid CEOs combined, according to reports

Andy Kiersz 9h

Mike Blake/Reuters

According a report on CEO compensation in 2018 from The New York Times, Tesla CEO Elon Musk was paid nearly $2.3 billion last year.
This is more than the next 65 highest-paid CEOs combined.

Green 1%ERs of the Eco-Industrial Complex.

Recently reported by some of the Ibanks that tesla may hit a low of $30/share.. A fair cry from the +$300 it's been trading at.

... Mr Musk won't have much of a legacy other than submarining the entire ecotard lobby

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Tesla IPO was $17?
Yes and the hype and idea of emission free transportation drove the price up to 200x its initial offering . Now all the money from that IPO is up in smoke and the value is less then twice it’s initial offer .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hoid doesn't realize an IPO is used to raise money to spend to grow a company.

In other words; Musk blew their money on penny whistles and moon pies and shareholders got nothing.

That might be why he is no longer "in charge".

Get it? In charge.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Funny, in Norway, electric cars have surpassed all other types this year. We'll see if the trend catches on in other countries. I would say that gas and oil are on the way out.
Funny. Norway went from fishermen to oil and gas and subsidize EVs with oil money so they can sell more oil.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Funny. Norway went from fishermen to oil and gas and subsidize EVs with oil money so they can sell more oil.
Funny. They want the rest of Europe to be polluted but not Norway.

I guess that means the Norwegians are stupid.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Or they don't want to pay $2.60L CAD?
We will be by Christmas, at the rate that we're going. That's what we get for living in a country that doesn't have any of it's own oil, I guess. I'm sure that the Norwegians are delighted to get top dollar for their petroleum.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Funny. They want the rest of Europe to be polluted but not Norway.

I guess that means the Norwegians are stupid.

Yes, Norwegians are extra more gooder smart as we all know for a fact that air borne and water borne pollution stops moving at any national border

That's what we get for living in a country that doesn't have any of it's own oil, I guess. I'm sure that the Norwegians are delighted to get top dollar for their petroleum.

It's just bad luck that Canada doesn't have any oil of it's own.

In the meantime, Saudi Arabia will grudgingly supply Eastern Canada with their premium priced oil

We've had a 30% jump since Christmas so I wouldn't rule anything out.

On the bright-side, at least you're not in Vancouver

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, Norwegians are extra more gooder smart as we all know for a fact that air borne and water borne pollution stops moving at any national border
It's just bad luck that Canada doesn't have any oil of it's own.
In the meantime, Saudi Arabia will grudgingly supply Eastern Canada with their premium priced oil
On the bright-side, at least you're not in Vancouver
Yeah. The bright side is because we get sunlight, here.

By the way, gas prices went from $1.30 exactly a week ago to $1.20 today. WTF?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah. The bright side is because we get sunlight, here.
By the way, gas prices went from $1.30 exactly a week ago to $1.20 today. WTF?
Turn Around in Sarnia. Must be done on the fractional.

Maintenance shutdown underway at Suncor refinery

Posted April 14, 2019 in News

A planned maintenance shutdown has begun at Suncor’s Sarnia refinery.

The project is scheduled to take eight weeks and will see 750 employees and contractors working at the site on St. Clair Parkway.

Suncor said about $75 million will be invested in the local economy through the hiring of skilled contractors and purchase of materials and equipment.

“Our focus is on completing the maintenance work in a safe manner while minimizing impacts on our neighbours, our customers and the environment,” spokesperson Jennifer Johnson said in a release.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
There will be alotta spikes in fuel prices in the next month with all the refineries shutting down for annual maintenance, Regina pushed theirs off until June or July if I heard correctly, they usually do theirs in April-May.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There will be alotta spikes in fuel prices in the next month with all the refineries shutting down for annual maintenance, Regina pushed theirs off until June or July if I heard correctly, they usually do theirs in April-May.
It's done. It was Husky in Lloydminster that pulled the plug on expansion.

PetroCanada and Shell in Ft. Sask are June.

PetroCanada only releases X amount per day during shut down. If stations run out of regular and premium they sell the 94 octane gas for the price of regular.

That shit brings a engine to life.