Term 'visible minorities' may be discriminatory, UN body warns Canada

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Yes, or you might write them as I have. Their management position is not to identify any suspects or accused by race or ethnicity. They're S-P superheroes.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yes, or you might write them as I have. Their management position is not to identify any suspects or accused by race or ethnicity. They're S-P superheroes.

How do you know the race or ethnicity of a suspect?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Cool. Maybe we should quit using DNA to identify suspects, too, because that would enable people to tell what race the critter is, also.
Perhaps we should also quit distinguishing between genders in suspect descriptions.
Maybe hair color or length. Eye color. Estimated weight.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I just read a brief on the Toronto Star allegation here and it is backwards from what is being suggested. The police chief said they don't racial profile, and there are people saying they do. He didn't say they won't advise the people of a dangerous supsect by description. They need to know what the description is rather than make a complete speculative assumption before making public warnings.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Out of curiosity, lets use the hypothetical that Tiger Woods is a better burglar than he is a golfer. His face is briefly seen by a witness. How do they describe him in a public warning bulletin? "It was guy that might be black but sorta looked asian or maybe one or the other, I just couldn't tell." Is that an effective description, or do we make some major assumptions and claim a race or ethnicity to appease the anti-UN anti-PC crown?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"It was guy that might be black but sorta looked asian or maybe one or the other, I just couldn't tell." Is that an effective description, or do we make some major assumptions and claim a race or ethnicity to appease the anti-UN anti-PC crown?
I would think: dark complexion, dark eyes, dark hair, about 6' 2" ........... (looks like that famous golfer :D).