Tattoo Design

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Okay, so, my husband is wanting a tattoo. He wants his first to be a maple leaf, so, I spent a while online trying to find good images to use, and this particular image gave me a great jumping off point.

I duplicated the right hand side of the image, with the little 'tail' near the base of the stem on the left hand side as well, and did the whole thing in a color similar to that of this image, but with a bit more depth... some golds, some maroon, some oranges, all overlaid with a vibrant red.

I then added a fleur de lis to the center, in the gold of France.

It looks awesome. But, it's all hand drawn, in pencil crayon nonetheless.... lol... so, sharing it on here is a bit hard. But, this is the basic idea anyway.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I'll just throw a grenade in here just for fun...

And the first tattoo he wants is not your name written in beautiful calligraphic design, but rather a mapleleaf!

OK! I'll now duck and cover...

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Still don't understand the attraction of tats. Was driving around Kitchener last week and my daughter, who was riding shotgun, says, "Dad, there's a biker chick on a bike, she's not wearing a shirt and she has tats on her boobs." I told her they were called tit-tats and have a minty flavour.

If we were in the States we'd call them dem o crats, with a flavour sort of left of Wriglys.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'll just throw a grenade in here just for fun...

And the first tattoo he wants is not your name written in beautiful calligraphic design, but rather a mapleleaf!

OK! I'll now duck and cover...

I'm not so insecure as to want him to mark himself with my name. lol.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Halifax

Halifax parlour ordered to pay $9,000 for misspelled tattoo

QMI Agency

First posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 04:18 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, July 05, 2012 09:58 AM EDT

A Halifax tattoo parlour has been ordered in small claims court to pay a woman nearly $9,000 after an artist misspelled her tattoo.
Marie Huckle went to Newcombe's Ink in 2010 for an Old English-style tattoo on the side of her stomach in memory of a friend who died.
But Huckle claims she didn't realize until returning home that the phrase said, "See You at the Cossroads," rather than "See You at the Crossroads," according to the decision released Tuesday.
Court documents said the shop's co-owner, Adam Spencer, offered to fix the tattoo and refunded the cost of the work.
However, Huckle later decided to have it removed entirely.
Spencer has paid for the eight laser tattoo removal sessions she's received so far and the technician estimates she needs another 15 sessions to completely remove the phrase.
"I accept that when working on a living canvas, such as someone's skin, the results may not be exactly as hoped for. However, a spelling mistake is clearly a breach of that duty of care," Eric Slone, the Dartmouth, N.S., adjudicator, wrote.
The shop was ordered to pay $8,991.94 for the remaining laser removal sessions, aftercare supplies, travel expenses to and from the clinic, general damages and court filing fees.

Halifax parlour ordered to pay $9,000 for misspelled tattoo | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I just don't understand stories like these. Most artists I've seen work make sure to draw it out for you, and then make a transfer so that they can put the outline on, you can see, and approve. So, if you're wearing a spelling mistake, it's because you missed it the first two times around as well. So how can you put it on the artist's head entirely? They are, after all, tattoo artists not editors.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I just don't understand stories like these. Most artists I've seen work make sure to draw it out for you, and then make a transfer so that they can put the outline on, you can see, and approve. So, if you're wearing a spelling mistake, it's because you missed it the first two times around as well. So how can you put it on the artist's head entirely? They are, after all, tattoo artists not editors.

if she had some fear about the procedure, it might have caused her not to notice the spelling mistake.