Stop the seal hunt

folcar

Electoral Member
Mar 26, 2007
Damn you humane society! I feel guilty and sucked in now... they are too cute to kill.

The cute factor comes into play alot on this issue, if they looked ugly would the debate be so aggressive i wonder. What are they hunted for, food? Or profit? If food than how is this different than domesticated animals. However as i understand the hunt is claimed to be for fur and profit, and it involves a great deal of waste as anything not wanted is left behind. I am a firm believer in that if you are going to kill and animal for food or for any reason, do so quickly, cleanly, and if that animal is dying for your survival waste nothing. And do not exceed what nature can sustain. The seal hunt is claimed to violate alot of these points as i understand it by the activists, and is made more akin to poaching and is very wasteful. While on the other hand it is claimed by the governement and those that take part it is for survival and sustanance. What is the truth here?

Last edited by a moderator:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
you should read some of the other posts. there's a lot of crap but there's some very informative stuff too. Generally the main purpose is for the furs, but often it's for the meat as well. I had seal ribs when i stayed with my parents-in-law in newfoundland. they are delicious too.

The adults are quite ugly IMO, but of course all we ever see on the posters is the baby ones with the big soulful eyes

folcar

Electoral Member
Mar 26, 2007
Went back and read up on the earlier posts, seams the information is being presented in 2 strikingly different lights. However i do agree wit one thing, if it is sustainable, viable, profitable and waste is limited. I am not opposed to it.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Yes. You can tell when is being insincere, he switches to 'bad grammer' pretending to be something he isn't, stupid. Annoying, yes!:cool:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Looks like someone's posting pics from their favourite Newfoundland family! Herman, I am surprised at you. Who would have thought it!