Star Politics then and now

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I was just thinking about the investigation headed up by Ken Star who was appointed to investigate the suicide of deputy White House counsel Vince Foster and also Whitewater real estate investments of then president Bill Clinton. Soon, that investigation would morph into an Intern Monica Lewinsky turning over her dress whereas the President's semen was found and a move to impeach was based on the president's initial denial of affair. What was amazing about this was where the investigation started and where it ended up. It started with a suicide that became a rumor of murder and cover-up, but when that fell apart there was still the old spunk on the dress.
Behind the move to impeach President Clinton were notable Republicans like Newt Gingrich. There were vocal calls to impeach on right wing talk shows like The Rush Limbaugh Show.
That was 1998.
Now, it's 2018.
The president of the United States has admitted to buying the silence two separate women with with whom had the intestinal fortitude to get naked with this orange pus bag. The presidents lawyer has turned states evidence and Mr. Trump continued to deny knowing about the payoffs until after the fact. Even though there is clear audio of him planning the payoffs with the very lawyer he calls a liar.
Does anyone else not see the hypocrisy? How is paying off two women to keep quiet during an election any different than Bill Clinton denying a sexual affair?
What I find disheartening isn't that people voted this hollow headed half-wit reality show clown into office. No, I can almost understand that part. The Democrats were offering up a real joke for a candidate as well. I can understand the push back. I don't think everyone who voted for Trump is ignorant or backwards or redneck. People didn't have much choice. They wanted change and they rolled the dice.
Here's the but...
But what I don't get, are the people who are still supporting this idiot.
Do any of you understand how simple you look?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Considering the who and the why of clinton death list, the pooning of Bernie Sanders by hitlary, and the sentencing of wiener the pedo and what was on his LAPTOP, not to mention the recent IG report re the reason for the trump fisa warrant, it would be pretty hard to have such a simple view of the world, and what's really important, as what you have just laid out.

;)

No coup for youp!

It ain't about supporting trump at all, but until you get that, you won't have anything at all.

PS
Haiti called asking for their money again...should I send them over to your house?

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Clinton's popularity never slipped below 60%, even during the witch hunt. The current POTUS has rarely seen more than 40%.