Social Media Driving Americans Nutso

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I wonder if more women are addicted than men. Women are born communicators and social media certainly can be the drug.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think with every new "platform" it's been thought of as a scourge to sociability. It'll damage your eyes, your brain, your relationships, etc

We learn to adjust and those that don't, die. We're still controlled by the laws of nature regardless of how egotistical irrational, or intellectually intelligent we think we are.

We'll adjust.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
But what about 'love at first sight'?...

Many now hook up through Social Media first, and then meet in real life. It's backwards, isn't it? I know so many relationships/marriages that started on-line. Not my cup of tea.

I'm old school...met my gal in a Bar like everyone else did! :)

We both went to see the same Band, and she asked me if we could share a drink. 27 years later...2 daughters...a cat...a hamster...2 guinea pigs...who knew that chance meeting would have led to all of this?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
But what about 'love at first sight'?...

Many now hook up through Social Media first, and then meet in real life. It's backwards, isn't it? I know so many relationships/marriages that started on-line. Not my cup of tea.

I'm old school...met my gal in a Bar like everyone else did! :)

We both went to see the same Band, and she asked me if we could share a drink. 27 years later...2 daughters...a cat...a hamster...2 guinea pigs...who knew that chance meeting would have led to all of this?
I met my first wife at a bus stop, the second one at work and the third at a gathering. Never met a gal in a bar I wanted to take home, let alone marry. Met my last girlfriend in our museum. I don't play by the rules. :)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I met my first wife at a bus stop, the second one at work and the third at a gathering. Never met a gal in a bar I wanted to take home, let alone marry. Met my last girlfriend in our museum. I don't play by the rules. :)

Reading your post reminds me of the ole C&W tune:

"All my exes live in Texas..."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think with every new "platform" it's been thought of as a scourge to sociability. It'll damage your eyes, your brain, your relationships, etc

We learn to adjust and those that don't, die. We're still controlled by the laws of nature regardless of how egotistical irrational, or intellectually intelligent we think we are.

We'll adjust.
You damn kids with your "pens" and "paper." You can do all the writing you need to do with some damp clay and a sharp stick!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

You're obviously not very good at picking wives, since you have to keep repeating it.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The only way to help Americans, is with...

yep you guessed it....!!!!!

ICE CREAM!!!!

LillianVaughanw

Jun 26, 2020
Social media platforms can have impacts negative and positive. In case they aren’t used properly the impact will be obviously negative. In fact, Instagram was created to share pics and stories, then it turned into a business generator. People started to see Instagram as a full-time job that includes posting new content daily. This is a negative impact because posting daily pics is rather a hobby than a real job. People became so crazy about followers and likes that they are ready to search how to buy Instagram likes, video views and to raise the figures. The positive impact is that social media is a great source of information. You don’t have to wait for the news on TV, then all the information is provided straight.