Should Needy Canadians Invest In Suicide Bomber Vests?

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I've noticed recently, that despite government claims over the past decade .... there is lots of money in the government kitty. Just look at how much money the government found since calling the election?

The problem is, that the lobbyists use their power and resources very skillfully and demand the money for their chosen projects and the poor get left in the cold.

Poor or needy Canadians don't have the resources to compete for the attention of governments.

However; it seems that if people in a far distant land begin shooting and bombing each other, the government finds zillions of bucks to invest towards solving that countries problems. In Toronto, all it took was 48 dead guys and the government found millions to invest in the community outreach programs and stuff like that. In France, after the recent riots, the French government found oooddles of money to invest in social spending.

So, yuh know, I've been thinkin' .....

In order to get a decent share of the government kitty, the Canadian poor just gotta start wearing suicide bomber vests.

I bet yuh that the money would just start flowing.

Calm

capebretoner

Dec 6, 2005
Halifax
www.hosernews.ca
RE: Should Needy Canadian

hmmmm, since I have not been around long I am going to assume that you are being sarcastic.

I hope that you don't truly think that terrorism is a viable means of getting your point across. There are a number of better ways to do it, and more effective ways too. Like working with government and getting plans together that are viable instead of asking for the money without the plan like they do where I live.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Terrorism never worked during the FLQ crisis, I know Canadians are a bit more civilized than resorting to suicide bombs.

I can see it happening in the US with all those militia groups.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Paranoid Dot Calm said:
I've noticed recently, that despite government claims over the past decade .... there is lots of money in the government kitty. Just look at how much money the government found since calling the election?

The problem is, that the lobbyists use their power and resources very skillfully and demand the money for their chosen projects and the poor get left in the cold.

Poor or needy Canadians don't have the resources to compete for the attention of governments.

However; it seems that if people in a far distant land begin shooting and bombing each other, the government finds zillions of bucks to invest towards solving that countries problems. In Toronto, all it took was 48 dead guys and the government found millions to invest in the community outreach programs and stuff like that. In France, after the recent riots, the French government found oooddles of money to invest in social spending.

So, yuh know, I've been thinkin' .....

In order to get a decent share of the government kitty, the Canadian poor just gotta start wearing suicide bomber vests.

I bet yuh that the money would just start flowing.

Calm
will assume that this is tongue in cheek and NOTHING more. ......as this kind of ideation .....even in passing....must be extinquished imediately.

sorry .calm. but let's not even go there ....now or ever.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
long time posters know Calm can get a bit testy at times :) but,he wasn't advocating actual bombers..just wearing the vests. This could become the fashion statement of 2006 :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I prefer my fake-sheepskin-lined vest...it ha a pocket for my tobacco.

Saying that the FLQ didn't accomplish anything is kind of untrue though. The separatist movement has been growing in Quebec ever since and there are now provincial and national political parties to that end. The FLQ played a part in that.

fourty2

Dec 11, 2005
Victoria, BC
I agree that the government sometimes needs a huge wakeup call in order to kick-start public spending, but I think they might catch on that the vests aren't real after a while... :lol:

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hi! Scape

Okay .... this "1000" is for you.

Rogers network has been down all day. It happened right after I posted this suggestion about everyone wearin' a suicide bomber vest.

I was gonna see about putting a vest on and just trippin' down to Rogers Head Office, but couldn't decide which colour of vest would be suitable.

I don't think I should choose a "loud" colour but I still wanna be noticed.

Calm

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org
Re: RE: Should Needy Canadians Invest In Suicide Bomber Vest

Papachongo said:
I agree. The FLQ discovered that terrorism didn't work so instead they put on their little politician hats to enact change.

Who are kidding?

FLQ is responsible for Billion upon Billion in extra spending since 1970's on French Canadian Culture and rules to give advantages to French Canadians over all other types of Canadians everywhere in Canada. The terrorist won that fight hands down and are still benefiting from it now after 30 years.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Ah, there's a man who never misses a chance for an anti-Quebec rant. A perfect example of why Harper would be even worse for Canadian unity than Martin.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
What if people standing in line at food banks all wore vests with "suicide" stamped upon it in large lettering? Maybe hunting vests or those bright vests that cops and construction guys wear?

I think that if you look more like a terrorist, poor people might be taken more seriously.

Calm