Sex allegations led to Tootoo’s ouster from Liberal caucus

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Maybe you didn't get the memo, but the law trumps private policy each and every time, and yes, even if it's Justin's policy.

.... Do and try and grasp the reality here, m'kay?
Yes I'm sure we are all aware that conduct policies need to mesh with current laws. Since code of conduct policies are a dime a dozen, its quite obvious they generally do. Im reasonably sure Justin is acting on such a policy. Do you have anything (other than your ridiculously inadequate legal opinion) that would suggest otherwise?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The Feminist dominated Liberal Party will tolerate a lot.. you can be Parliament Hill's town drunk; you can be a ranting radical environmentalist screaming fantasy ridden, psuedo scientific, end of the world, fear mongering of AGW; you can be a flaming, promiscuous and flamboyant homosexual United Church 'minister' to totally debauch any allusion of real Christian heritage in the nation; you can be a drooling, incompetent, hippy guru of a PM chirping New Age nonsense .. but don't step over the Feminist derived Code of Ethics and you will be cast into the outer netherworld.. your name never to inscribed in its rolls again.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yes I'm sure we are all aware that conduct policies need to mesh with current laws. Since code of conduct policies are a dime a dozen, its quite obvious they generally do. Im reasonably sure Justin is acting on such a policy. Do you have anything (other than your ridiculously inadequate legal opinion) that would suggest otherwise?

Throwing a tantrum won't change the fact that laws and policies are not the same things.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Throwing a tantrum won't change the fact that laws and policies are not the same things.
As i said, I'm sure we're all aware they aren't the same thing. Are you aware that they don't need to be? Do you believe code of conduct policies are somehow illegal?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'No, I'm not resigning,' Nunavut MP Hunter Tootoo says after explaining why he left Liberal caucus

Former federal cabinet minister Hunter Tootoo says he's not stepping down as Nunavut's MP, and that the Prime Minister's Office did not ask him to conceal the details surrounding his resignation from the Liberal caucus.

Tootoo was interviewed a day after his statement to CBC North confirmed allegations he had an inappropriate relationship before his sudden resignation from cabinet and the Liberal caucus this May.

Hunter Tootoo apologizes for 'consensual but inappropriate relationship'
In the interview Thursday, Tootoo said he was not asked by anyone in Ottawa to conceal the details of the workplace relationship.

"My interest is, as I said, to protect the privacy of the individual involved, and that's what I've been doing," said Tootoo.

The Nunavut MP, now sitting as an Independent, would not provide any further details about how long the workplace relationship lasted.

He cited concerns by constituents as the reason he decided to reveal why he resigned from caucus.

"Nunavummiut, since last week, have asked for, and I believe that they deserve, further explanation, and I heard that message and that's what I've done."

mo

'No, I'm not resigning,' Nunavut MP Hunter Tootoo says after explaining why he left Liberal caucus - North - CBC News

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

https://frankmag.ca/2016/08/hunter-tootoo-timing/

so ol' hunter was boning a judge back home and her daughter in ottawa. nice work bru.