Septic System Empire building

Rosebud

Nominee Member
Feb 6, 2012
Have you noticed an upswing of rural septic system tank pumping service advertising in Ontario, and misinformation by municipalities regards to dangers imposed byseptic systems?. Whats really going on.

They push for having tanks emptied more often. Even municipal governments are tempted to disturb one of the most reliable and unobstrusive technologies available in the waste disposal science, the septic tank and it's leaching field. The systems that pose problems are a very low, less than 1% of problems, that's how reliable they are. Problems with these systems are usually ironed out at installation time.

Apparently it must be a little too quiet having this servant doing a good job. At the same time it does it's job, coincidentally, municipalities feel a pressure to fill their coffers. I guess they now see the disadvantage of having things work TOO well and quiet. No money to be made.

They figure,"Why not have work on systems that don't need them increased, thereby putting more tank companies to work pumping tanks before due time, and unecessarily replacing perfectly working tanks." This misinformation drive has us believing the tanks need emptying every 2-5 years.

BULL%^$ !, there are two people on my tank, my wife and I, and I checked the sludge 2 years ago, and I've been here 20 years. There is 5inches of sludge at the bottom of my tank. The truth to the matter is that septic tanks and contents need to be disturbed as little as possible for proper aneorobic action to occur. But what do we have when pumpers come every 2 Years? We no longer have septic tanks but HOLDING TANKS, because the anerobic organisms are continually disturbed. This increases the cash outlay to the home owner, and gives the leach field less to do.

What a crock.! Don't buy into this one folks.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
yup, the usual government sh!Tsplash.
;)
the money is greener over the septic tank