Sanctuary Cities

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I am a democrat. Probably more moderate than liberal. I really don't care to have any affiliation but to vote I registered Democrat. That being said. I'm not a fan of poor losers. Trump won the election. Accept it and get over it. Stop whining, complaining and protesting. It's fukking getting old. Start thinking more about unity and less about being in a continuos griping mode.. Christ almighty it's fukking pathetic.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I've got no idea why someone in Winnipeg would support the sanctuary city idea in Canada. Unlike the USA, Canadian law applies all across the country, which means either the entire country is a sanctuary or none of it is. Someone has been watching too much US TV.

One of the problems the US has is multiple overlapping areas of jurisdiction, with cities, states, and federal jurisdictions all seemingly in competition. It is an odd way to run a country and it frequently results in federal initiatives being thwarted by the states and cities. Remember the US states that refused to institute the Affordable Care Act? That can't happen in Canada unless the initiative in question is clearly in provincial jurisdiction. As for Canadian cities they are subject to provincial law.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What you do is dump as many as needed in places like WhiteLaw, AB to bring the population of the village up to city status and the the Provincial Govt can get them all sorts of grands and when the city is built deport them all back to their country of origin as the 'experienced natives' who would be the first in line to be business men instead of consumers. Putting them in places that already have slums is just asking for the transition be one of separation and competition rather than integration based on the common desire to keep living. WiFi them up in a warm and dry place with a broadband connection and a big screen and the slums would be empty as that is why most people came to the city to get in the first place.

I've got no idea why someone in Winnipeg would support the sanctuary city idea in Canada. Unlike the USA, Canadian law applies all across the country, which means either the entire country is a sanctuary or none of it is. Someone has been watching too much US TV.
Perhaps it is time to open Lake Winnipeg to homesteaders with government supplies, mobile homes and home power and boats and sleds. Aireated zones and free fish food might make it possible to be a fisherman when the fish come to you when harvest time arrives.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Being born in the wrong country is a crime that should be punishable by death! imagine the immorality of accepting to be born abroad! it's worse than murder, theft, rape, and prostitution combined!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
RIGHT ON!!! I saw some Toronto Silly Hall councilor whining about how hard it was for undocumented workers to access unemployment insurance, welfare, and affordable housing!!!! If they are undocumented then they are not paying taxes-because-NO DOCUMENTS-DUH!!!! And lots of them DON`T WANT to pay taxes either! Lots of construction people here from all over-NOT PAYING that roughly 40 percent tariff for workers compensation insurance, not paying that health levy, not paying income tax either!

If they get hurt on the job they use forged Nigerian health documents to access our health care-and if they get caught-like the Polish brick layer or the Portuguese carpenter with his Brazilian wife and four kids, the WORST that happens is they get shipped home!

lts all a racket and WE PAY for it while govt dorks seek to BUY immigrant votes and keep themselves on the govt gravy train-using borrowed money that we cannot afford to pay back! Undocumented workers are stealing jobs! How many young Cdn guys would dump their current McJob immediately if they could get into construction jobs-with about 100 percent increase in pay!!!! But there are no union apprenticeships available and no non union company will hire our kids because they can get non documented workers for at less than half the price of Cdns- once all the govt taxes are stripped off!

Undocumented construction workers in Canada have the best of both worlds-Cnd work at Cdn pay rates with NO need to pay Cdn taxes-along with fraudulent access to Cdn health care as needed- and they can send pay back to their home country to ensure they get their govt pension when they get tired of working!

Viva Canada-sucker nation of the world!

No, I don't. Anyone needing sanctuary is obviously in our country illegally and should be turned over to authorities.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So are undocumented immigrants Caesar's or God's? I'm going with God because the coin in that story was Caesar's because Caesar's face was on it. I doubt you will find Caesar's face on any immigrants, but if you do, then by all means give them to Caesar.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
If we want to deny foreign nationals social assistance or require them to pay taxes, by all means; but let's not punish hard workers for the unpardonable crime of having been born on the wrong side of the border.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Who in their right minds wants to immigrate to Winterpeg?

Winnipeg could probably use all the help it can get given most Canadians work just enough so they can leave it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Make them legal immigrants so they can pay taxes.

Exactly! Making them legal would cut back on taxpayer-funded bureaucracy too. For example, I doubt Norway spends much money on immigration in Svalbard given that Svalbard is a visa-free region. Massive bureaucracy is cut out right there.