Rev. Wright

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Did anyone else watch Rev. Wright's speech on CNN last night, I did, and I'm glad, as
I have listened to all the trashing of this man over the last few weeks, and his speech
last night awakened me to how wise and intelligent he is, much different than the little
sound bite they have played over and over which makes him look like a mad man.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
What sound bite are they playing to make him sound like a mad man? I don't even know who this Reverend Wright is, to be honest. Was what he said earlier really bad?:?:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
What sound bite are they playing to make him sound like a mad man? I don't even know who this Reverend Wright is, to be honest. Was what he said earlier really bad?:?:

He is the pastor linked to Barack Obama, who's little sound bites they have been playing over and over, which he says a few things that make him seem like he hates america and
other stuff. A 'black' sermon, which has many things in it, and if you get a chance to hear the whole original sermon, it is not that bad, but the black churches are very loud, and
different than we are accustomed to, and one must adjust one's thinking and accept their
style, and of course they have some 'gripes' in their lives as well, which are understandable, when it comes to the 'white vs. black' situation.
He does seem to be 'hurting' obama's chances to win the democratic journey,and the right to campaign for the
president of the u.s.

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Thanks Taloolla.

That does happen quite a bit in the media. They will cut out a person's speech(or answers to questions) and edit it to sound whatever would be the best for their ratings. If it places that person in a bad light, all the better.

I'm not saying this happens all the time. Sometimes people stick their foot in their mouth, but sometimes they have the media's hand helping to place it there.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Thanks Taloolla.

That does happen quite a bit in the media. They will cut out a person's speech(or answers to questions) and edit it to sound whatever would be the best for their ratings. If it places that person in a bad light, all the better.

I'm not saying this happens all the time. Sometimes people stick their foot in their mouth, but sometimes they have the media's hand helping to place it there.

Oh heck, I see that happen even on the forums. People will pick out one sentence or one post, completely out of context of all the rest, and run with it as supporting something it doesn't in context.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
This Rev. Wright is not your everyday rev. 'dude', he is right in your face, truthful, outspoken, intelligent, loud, funny, sarcastic, and pushy, but instead of just 'watching'
him, I really listened to him, and learned many things.

The republicans and democrats (Clinten people), will continue to trash him, and say that obama is not
a sincere candidate because this rev. is his pastor, they will not 'listen' to him at all, just
watch him and cherry pick every word he says that they can 'lynch' him with.
(good word, I thought so too).

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Oh heck, I see that happen even on the forums. People will pick out one sentence or one post, completely out of context of all the rest, and run with it as supporting something it doesn't in context.

I take umbrage with what you are saying Karrie.;-)

Shall we have a duel at dawn?

:lol::lol:

I do see what you are saying, though.:smile: