RE: Poll on liberal support

Jonas

Mar 24, 2002
Leipzig
RE: Poll on liberal support

I saw the poll recently on www.canadiancontent.net and noticed that more than 75% of those polled did not like the way liberals ran the country.

Quick question: Why are the liberals :twisted: still in power? :?

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Stupid Ontario keeps them in power :p People see a lack of choices to vote for, people still hate Brian Mulroney, so cant vote conservitive, Ontario isnt a NDP friendly province really and leaves Canadian Alliance (Who would vote for Day? Luckily they kicked him out :) ) so the liberals kinda fall into the category of most bearable political party. Pretty scary, I'm a conservitive myself so hoping Joe Clark can pull it off, else get a younger leader that might attract a few more votes, just not another Stockwell Day :evil:

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
The liberals are still in power, cuz they are rich pigs! The rich do whatever they want...I dont think next election they will get in. I think Canadians should stand up for what we want, not what people tell us what we should want. Get some REAL politicians in, to fix up this country, make us proud, and to fix our MEDICAL before the liberals run it into the ground!!!!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Okay then

Alright... Liberals have money.... Are we all americans now? rofl.

The Alliance has money, they are all from Alberta, and Alberta=oil=money. The Liberals just have a grab with their propaganda.. When oh when will the reeegime end, oh when oh when will it end.

Bleh. Canadian Alliance all the way especially without stockwell day.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Ah screw the liberals, stuck up brown nosers with the large corporations and people with lots of money. Im tired of large corporations and people with a few million dollars getting these massive tax cuts meanwhile us middleclass and those less fortunate earners get a small tiny tax cut.

Wow an extra $100 a year on our returns. That will help us a lot, oh but wait, whats this? Provincal Sales taxes are rising, tobacco taxes are rising, school taxes are rising, as well as about 50 other things. Factor that in.. we pay more than we get back.

And Andem you can say "Gooo Alliance" all you want, they are dead, they have been since their mental breakdown with day, and there is a long rebuilding road ahead. By the next election its doubtful if they will be well enough to become our government. But would we really want them to? As much as they all say "Oh we're down to earth, We are not right wing!", they are. They all are, look at the fine mess BC is into right now. Liberals.. that should mean Liberal shouldnt it? Not hanging from the wing of a plane trying to juggle 8 balls while doing it.

This country needs a new party, a party for the people, made up BY regular people, all the politicians can promise us whatever they want in their campaigns, but do they usually ever live up to it? No. Sure they might live up to a few minor small ones, but the big ones are never lived up to. We need a change. And we need it now.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Yes ok

Well, that isnt realistic.

The Alliance changed their name from Reforms. Currently, they are the only chance Canada has for a non-liberal regime. It would be nice for a stable rightwing federal government.

I'm for Stephen Harper until he does the same thing Stockwell Day did :\

When you get down to it, the whole western world is all about money and it started with the americans, moved it's way upto Canada, spread to Europe and soon the Russians will be the same too. Infact, everyone is for the money, but some still have family and national values.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Re: Yes ok

The Alliance wont be a suitable choice for a new government, they are still fighting amongst themselves, even after Harper came into hold lead with the Alliance. The party is still falling apart, although not as fast as it was under Day's leadership, I cant see it lasting much longer. Its almost like being in the 2nd grade and one kid has a lollipop and everyone else is getting mad because they dont have one and fuming out of there all mad. Its quite the same thing, now comparing them to little kids, well I dont know if that is the proper thing to do, but really look at how they have been acting in the past, not quite so much right now.

Of course the whole western world is all about money, what else would it be about? if it wasnt we'd all be hiding in caves hoping we didnt get the crap bombed out of us. We're not about fear, we're about money. Which is probably the only difference between us and the United States. I mean who would fear our kickass 5 plane airforce (exageration), or our 4 ship navy.. hey mount a gun on your outboard and lets protect this place :D

Anywho, I disgressed there a bit, I do that often.. Back to the subject at hand... Its fine to be for the money, but you should also be for the people, as they are the ones who elected you to power in the first place. Not many people liked P.E.T (trudeau), but he did a hellova lot better job with managing everything than I think any leader will have luck with anytime in the near to distant future.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
J'ya, you know vhaat. uhh uh

I highly doubt anyone but alliance could get in to take over liberals..

PC is run by a liberal (Joe Clark), so people will not be loyal to him.
NDP is a bunch of communists
Alliance is the only alternative to Liberals..

It doesnt matter how bad they're doing, its the only alternative.. But look at the liberals, they are fighting among themselves too.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Okay lets cut short to the chase, WHO CARES?!?!!? You cant trust a politician PERIOD!!! Let it be the liberals, alliance, green party or Sonny Bono ;p Canadians need to stick together, and work this out TOGETHER. God knows this country needs a little team work. We just need to get the right kinda people in, who will do what this country needs. No more Wars, just a little love and peace :p

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Well untill the people of Canada learn not to be total push overs then nothing is ever going to change. We do nothing but fallow other countries and bend to there rule. They impose tarriffs and screw us over and we sit back and do nothing but wimper and wine. Untill we start standing up to other countries as well as our own goverment what can we really expect we bring it all on ourselfs.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
pushovers?

We're not push overs. Anything but pushovers.... Our government is just too politically correct.. Sad I know.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Re: pushovers?

Andem said:
We're not push overs. Anything but pushovers.... Our government is just too politically correct.. Sad I know.

We're NOT pushovers? A good example of Canada whining and humming and hawing about policies the US is trying to put on us, is the current Lumber situation.

Canada goes back to the bargaining table with new offers, all that the US reject, so canada keeps going back. What a bunch of push-overs. If we could see the US committee for this dispute they'd probably be laughing their ass off at our many futile attempts.

Its time to play hardball, if the US wont bargain and come to a suitable agreement with canada, we take our lumber elsewhere, remember 70% of all US lumber in homes is FROM Canada. That'd put a little bit of a dent in their economy dont you think? Having to buy more expensive lumber from other countries, driving up the cost of homes and the cost of living all around.

Now I'm not saying thats what SHOULD be done, just an example. Canada has to graduate from Softball to hardball, the US has been playing it for years against us, its time we rose to the occasion :!:

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
#1: Canada _IS_ pushover.

#2: The liberals are an OKAY government. They give Quebec the recognition we deserve! They havent done too badly in our country. Maybe the alliance could give Alberta the recognition "they need"?

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
Jonas, what are you on? Liberals might be government, and people might not like them... but they arent communists.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I can almost safely say the Alliance will have a pretty good outcome in the next federal election. Liberals have just torn apart any reputation they may or may not have had. :)

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Andem said:
I can almost safely say the Alliance will have a pretty good outcome in the next federal election. Liberals have just torn apart any reputation they may or may not have had. :)

The Alliance MIGHT have a pretty good outcome in the next federal election, granted Harper can hold it together. So far he's doing a pretty good job. But there will eventually be the same thing again, it happened to the Old reform party and we all know who makes up the Alliance, but it would be nice to get them in and form a majority government... Now we just need to beat all those Ontario people who vote Liberal with big sticks..

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Some ontarians, like me, dont vote for Liberal Shmad. A lot of people vote for PC, and have the alliance given anyone in Ontario a reason to vote for Alliance? No.

They are too damned busy working on Alberta.. For what reason? I don't quite know. They have a smaller population and Harper really does have a history as an "Albertian Nationalist", if such a thing exists. Le Parti Albertois. lol... If he ran this country, you know and I know Alberta would be on the top of his list!