Question. . .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hear conservatives say they want government to keep taxes low, run balanced budgets, and stay the hell out of business.

But then I hear them scream that the government isn't doing anything/enough about inflation, trade, tariffs, etc.

So which is it?

Reactions: Serryah

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
We support lower taxes and balanced budgets to drive economic growth and individual freedom. By minimizing government interference, we enable businesses to flourish, creating jobs and boosting tax revenue. When issues like inflation or trade imbalances occur, we advocate for targeted solutions that uphold free-market principles. Our goal is to address problems while staying true to our values of economic freedom and limited government involvement, ensuring efficient and principled governance.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Which said "we want the gol-dang gummint to stay out of business except when we don't like how business is going, in which case we want gummint to get ass-deep in business's business."
Something like that, or…
We support lower taxes and balanced budgets to drive economic growth and individual freedom. By minimizing government interference, we enable businesses to flourish, creating jobs and boosting tax revenue. When issues like inflation or trade imbalances occur, we advocate for targeted solutions that uphold free-market principles. Our goal is to address problems while staying true to our values of economic freedom and limited government involvement, ensuring efficient and principled governance.
😉

Reactions: Taxslave2

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Except it's NEVER like Boom or other Cons thinks it'll go.

That's the problem with their 'ideal Government'.

Because usually those types tend to bend towards Authoritarian eventually, Dictatorships, etc.
Yet Authoritarian governments are presently installed in Washington , London and Ottawa . What do they all have in common ?

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Because usually those types tend to bend towards Authoritarian eventually, Dictatorships, etc.
So only one side is right correct and the other side Conservative then? All are in the same camp “over there” on the fringe? That sounds unbiased.
Yet Authoritarian governments are presently installed in Washington , London and Ottawa . What do they all have in common ?
What do they have in common that they’ve bent towards? Why the swing locally here in Canada and with governments elsewhere lately?
1724009161670.jpeg
1724008833472.jpeg
(The new 338 polling doesn’t come out until later today)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So only one side is right correct and the other side Conservative then? All are in the same camp “over there” on the fringe? That sounds unbiased.

Never said, and never will say that. Nor will I say all Cons are in the same camp, because they aren't. Some are still old school Cons, who I can agree with a lot more than the fuckstains that PP and his think is the real "Cons".

As unbiased as Boom and others here. Including you, Ron.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Just like turdOWE.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
…& on that note, this weeks numbers are out:
1724022618724.jpeg
Liberals are up, Conservatives are down.
1724022753500.jpeg
By a theoretical five seats in this snapshot of time. Changes in PEI & Ontario. That is all.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Trudeau isn't authoritarian or a dictator.
1724023346500.jpeg
1724023362561.jpeg
He's a jackass, an idiot and power hungry shithead. But when voted out, he won't cry foul (though if he does, he will then fall under those titles)
Control by unelected non-coalition coalition that’s definitely not a coalition-type coalition preventing a democratic vote until at least Oct 20th 2025 (& maybe October 27th, 2025 but that’s a different story), and not by force, doesn’t match the definition of dictator exactly…& “in theory” Jagmeet “could” pull the rug out from the current government at any time after his pension comes to fruition in the spring of 2025, assuming the NDP can afford to at that point. Trudeau is NOT the dictator in the traditional sense. Only one of two Canadian Prime Minister’s to ever implement the War Measures Emergencies Act upon their own citizens not during wartime.

…& yes, coalitions (actual real coalitions) are perfectly legal in our system, but is this an actual coalition (?) or something else? I think I’ve heard someone here questioning that since the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine….Can’t think of his name….Handsome devil…it will come to me.

As far as being authoritarian…ugh…I guess that would depend upon who you’re asking? If you’re in his government, but not in his cabinet…(?)…or one of the many that did not want to be vaccinated (control of their own bodies) during Covid, but didn’t want to be unemployed or unable to enter a grocery store or restaurant or pharmacy or take a bus or a train or a plane, etc…(?)…or one of the handful who had their bank accounts seized/frozen during the convoy parking situation in Ottawa that much of the world watched unfold due to unacceptable viewpoints contrary to…well…someone else’s ‘cuz “follow the science” which wasn’t following the science? I think this one is debatable.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
View attachment 24200
View attachment 24201

Control by unelected non-coalition coalition that’s definitely not a coalition-type coalition preventing a democratic vote until at least Oct 20th 2025 (& maybe October 27th, 2025 but that’s a different story), and not by force, doesn’t match the definition of dictator exactly…& “in theory” Jagmeet “could” pull the rug out from the current government at any time after his pension comes to fruition in the spring of 2025, assuming the NDP can afford to at that point. Trudeau is NOT the dictator in the traditional sense. Only one of two Canadian Prime Minister’s to ever implement the War Measures Emergencies Act upon their own citizens not during wartime.

…& yes, coalitions (actual real coalitions) are perfectly legal in our system, but is this an actual coalition (?) or something else? I think I’ve heard someone here questioning that since the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine….Can’t think of his name….Handsome devil…it will come to me.

As far as being authoritarian…ugh…I guess that would depend upon who you’re asking? If you’re in his government, but not in his cabinet…(?)…or one of the many that did not want to be vaccinated (control of their own bodies) during Covid, but didn’t want to be unemployed or unable to enter a grocery store or restaurant or pharmacy or take a bus or a train or a plane, etc…(?)…or one of the handful who had their bank accounts seized/frozen during the convoy parking situation in Ottawa that much of the world watched unfold due to unacceptable viewpoints contrary to…well…someone else’s ‘cuz “follow the science” which wasn’t following the science? I think this one is debatable.
UK went authoritarian.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
View attachment 24200
View attachment 24201

Which MPs in the coalition are unelected?