Quebec politician Catherine Dorion denied access to legislature over hoodie in latest

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Quebec politician Catherine Dorion denied access to legislature over hoodie in latest fashion spat
Canadian Press
Published:
November 7, 2019
Updated:
November 7, 2019 2:48 PM EST
Quebec Solidaire MNAs Catherine Dorion, left, and Sol Zanetti smile as they enter for question period at the legislature in Quebec City on Dec. 5, 2018.Jacques Boissinot / THE CANADIAN PRESS
QUEBEC — The provincial legislature today refused access to Quebec solidaire member Catherine Dorion after she showed up for work wearing a hoodie.
The legislature’s deputy speaker, Chantal Soucy, let Dorion know her outfit of the day was not business attire.
It’s almost unheard of for a member to be refused access to the chamber known as the blue room, where only elected members are permitted to sit.
The refusal to admit Dorion is the latest spat over the opposition member’s attire and decorum since her election in 2018.
Dorion has defended her work attire, which has included tank tops, boots, tuques and running shoes.
Story continues below
The member for the Quebec City riding of Taschereau created controversy last week when she published a photo of herself in the legislature’s red room — a chamber reserved for official ceremonies — “dressed up” as a politician in business attire with the words “Happy Halloween.”
Quebec solidaire MNA Catherine Dorion sits on the main desk of the Salon rouge at the National Assembly in Quebec City, in a photo she posted to Facebook on Oct. 31, 2019. (Catherine Dorion via Facebook)
That prompted an ethics complaint from the Opposition Liberals this week.

http://torontosun.com/news/national...egislature-over-hoodie-in-latest-fashion-spat

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I for one believe that skanks are woefully under represented in Canada Parliament
:lol: :lol:

She looks like a lot of fun. If I was younger... and single. But yeah, proper attire in the legislature fer cryin' out loud. At least the rest of the jackasses look professional while acting very unprofessional.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Anybody got the tank top pic? Originally it was going to be a burka comment, I have no idea what happened to that idea.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Google her name and go to images. The pic isn't anything special.
The pose shows she is a bit of a 'tart' (a good trait) so be glad JT doesn't take it up. A hot tube in the smoking lounge in the 'works'?

It appears being 'stuck owning 20% on SNC is no longer an issue. Did they pick up more shared when the prices took a dip?
Please tell me they took some kind of dip in value since 2011.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Better her legs than trudie's sock...friends.
;)

Now if trudie had legs like that, he wouldn't need those socks, and he would likely have a lot more friends amongst the world leaders...and he would be pronoun correct.

"P.M." being prime menstrual.