Protesters Arrested Near Bush Ranch

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Well, they trespassed, broke the law and got arrested. I do not understand the mindset of these individuals. They know perfectly well that they are breaking the law and yet still proceed and get arrested.

Protesters Arrested

Reuters:

Protesters arrested near Bush ranch
Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:17 PM ET

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - A dozen Iraq war protesters were arrested on Wednesday as they tested a new ban on camping and parking on roads near President George W. Bush's Texas ranch where he is spending the Thanksgiving holiday.

The demonstration was timed to coincide with Bush's break at his 1,600-acre (650-hectare) spread and the arrival of the accompanying White House media entourage.

The group included Dede Miller, the sister of anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan whose son was killed in Iraq and who became an icon for the peace movement after her 26-day vigil outside Bush's ranch in the summer. Sheehan was scheduled to arrive in Crawford on Friday.

McLennan County sheriff's deputies warned the protesters -- who had pitched tents by the roadside -- and then arrested them for trespassing.

After hundreds of demonstrators erected a tent city during Sheehan's August protest, the county banned camping, parking and sewage receptacles along roads surrounding Bush's ranch, citing health and safety concerns.

Bush arrived on Tuesday night for a six-day visit. He will spend Thanksgiving on Thursday with family, including his parents, former President George Bush and wife Barbara, as well as his twin daughters Jenna and Barbara.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
This isn't an American forum Nascar.

What I find strange is no one is commenting that they were arrested under a newly imposed law. Criticize the president...we'll make a law to intimidate and silence you. This smacks of what Mao did.(and many others,including Saddam) Is this the democracy George Bush wants to bring to the world? (rhetorical)

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
What I find strange is no one is commenting that they were arrested under a newly imposed law. Criticize the president...we'll make a law to intimidate and silence you. This smacks of what Mao did.(and many others,including Saddam) Is this the democracy George Bush wants to bring to the world? (rhetorical)

Like I've said before democracy is not what our founding fathers wanted, democracy is majority rule . we are supposed to be a democratic republic.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If it was like the last time, they were over a mile from his private drive.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Criticize the president...we'll make a law to intimidate and silence you. This smacks of what Mao did.(and many others,including Saddam) Is this the democracy George Bush wants to bring to the world? (rhetorical)

that would be exactly the kind of "democracy" that bush is trying to FORCE onto the world. & with WAR if need be. fortunately the world ain't buying it.....but is watching this loose cannon closely.

NJ.....how sad that you have bought into the whole neo con package /propaganda. ..........and see any criticism (FULLY JUSTIFIED, one might add) of YOUR criminal hero as breaking the law. sheesh.......

IF you are so concerned about "breaking the law......" one would think you would be horrified at what your hero is doing... 8O

He sure has you manipulated and is pulling your chain each time he says 'threat'.

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
up a tad bit late OB?
Well here's a shirt for the post...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
jjw1965 said:
up a tad bit late OB?
Well here's a shirt for the post...

what time is it at your end?? Only 12:25 here........and the nigh is young. :wink:

Not bad Tee. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
jjw1965 said:
what time is it at your end?? Only 12:25 here........and the nigh is young.

3:30 a.m. here, I thought I was by myself :oops:

nah....... seems YT is of the nocturnal type. ....and gravitates here. in the wee hrs..... :wink:

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
nah....... seems YT is of the nocturnal type. ....and gravitates here. in the wee hrs.....

Kicking neocon butt is a 24/7 job for me, but I,m a night owl at heart. :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
jjw1965 said:
nah....... seems YT is of the nocturnal type. ....and gravitates here. in the wee hrs.....

Kicking neocon butt is a 24/7 job for me, but I,m a night owl at heart. :wink:

that is TWO things we share.. :wink: :thumbleft:

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Nascar_James said:
Hey now, let's keep it clean. Remember that by threatening the President you are also breaking the law.

So have Robertson arrested. He sought the assassination of the President of Venezuela. Let's be fair now.