Promised the moon and delivered... merde!

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
I heard on the morning news that yet another Canadian military helicopter has crashed in the maritimes. It seemed very coincidental at first, as I had just finished a private rant on how we as Canadians are promised the moon and delivered crap. This reality is true of our military most certainly.

Another area in which Canadians are promised the moon and delivered crap, is our public health care system. Through slick propaganda and public misinformation, Canadians are lead to believe that we have one of the best healthcare systems in the world. Politicians will credit this great healthcare system to their genius foresight and their vision for making Canadian healthcare affordable for everyone.

If you work in the Canadian healthcare field, however, or if you've ever been a patient in need of serious or on-going treatment, you'll tell a different story about our system. You'll speak of a healthcare system that is woefully underfunded, undermanned, and disgustingly incapable of providing for the healthcare needs of Canadians.

Free public healthcare? The maxim that you get what you pay for, is definitely true of our healthcare system.

Another subject that is very near and dear to my heart, is Blackburn Radio Incorporated. A company that promises the moon and delivers absolute crap. They are a Canadian company with a long tradition of thumbing their noses at their listeners, refusing to be accountable to their listeners, and holding steady in the belief that they own Canada and Canadians.

Based in London, Ontario, they operate with a most definite mob mentality. Geof Heinricks wrote an article back in 1992, where he wondered how one family could control almost all of the media in one town without any public outcry. Well, I've found the answer to Geof's question: Corruption!

Through a rather shallow facade of philanthropy and Canadian tradition, this company spews great propaganda and wields criminal influence over elected officials and law enforcement. They are a bastard company that thrives on the notion that the Canadian economy and culture would be doomed without them.

Well, their time is up. I can't do anything about Canada's neglected military, nor can I do anything about our failing healthcare system. I can, however, do something about Blackburn Radio Incorporated. I am going to shut them down permanently.

Although I had previously stated that I would not be returning to these forums, I have decided to make one final appearance. I'm here just to give my public notice that I am about to embark on a bitter, bitter battle that will see all ten of Blackburn Radio Incorporateds radio stations shutdown permanently.

If you're reading this, and you're a fan of Blackburn Radio Incorporated, I have two words for you: Too Bad!!!

And I would follow those two words up with two more words: You Lose!!!

And three words in closing: Bring It On!!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Simpleton

What is that disjointed rant about. I know that we lost one of the Comorant helicopters and we don't know at this time what caused the crash. The Helicopter was operating in bad weather, close to the ground. We have to expect some mishaps, and even crashes during the learning curve.

For the life of me I have no idea what the helicopters and our health system have to do with Blackburn Radio Incorporated

Please enlighten me.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Simpleton wrote:
Well, their time is up. I can't do anything about Canada's neglected military, nor can I do anything about our failing healthcare system. I can, however, do something about Blackburn Radio Incorporated. I am going to shut them down permanently.

Should we be getting woried about Simpleton? :roll:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Why shut them down when you can arrange a lucrative sale of these stations to the Bell conglomerate? You'll get the same results and make a dollar,too :)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:evil: It wasen't too long ago that our health care system was gutted, downsized, f..cked over, whatever, to the point where it didn't work anymore. Then the folks what did it said.........."See, look, our health care system don't work"........We need PRIVATIZATION.

It was so obvious, the propaganda didn't work. But we still have a gutted health care system.

That being said. Simp., get back on the meds, ok? You start ranting like that and someone will call the bomb squad......Seriously. Gonna get yourself in do do. The gestapo will be knockin at your door.

We have freedom of speech, we just can't use it :roll: It's called freedomspeak, or mumwordsaid, some Orwellian stuff.

:idea:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
oldnugly said:
:evil: It wasen't too long ago that our health care system was gutted, downsized, f..cked over, whatever, to the point where it didn't work anymore. Then the folks what did it said.........."See, look, our health care system don't work"........We need PRIVATIZATION.

It was so obvious, the propaganda didn't work. But we still have a gutted health care system.

That being said. Simp., get back on the meds, ok? You start ranting like that and someone will call the bomb squad......Seriously. Gonna get yourself in do do. The gestapo will be knockin at your door.

We have freedom of speech, we just can't use it :roll: It's called freedomspeak, or mumwordsaid, some Orwellian stuff.

I dissagree

Our health care systtem is not destroyed. It was certainly cut back because Mulroney left the federal government broke and in debt up to their ears. There are still wait times for joint replacements and a few other operations but most surgeries are being dealt with. Quite a few People I know, including myself, have had heart surgery without any long waits. The system is coming back and it will come back if we can keep the politicians from destroying it. U.S. insurance companies are chomping at the bit to get in here and wipe out our health care system. Left to his own devices, Harper would let therm in. We'll see how good his promises are.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Juan wrote: "
Our health care systtem is not destroyed. It was certainly cut back because Mulroney left the federal government broke and in debt up to their ears. There are still wait times for joint replacements and a few other operations but most surgeries are being dealt with. Quite a few People I know, including myself, have had heart surgery without any long waits. The system is coming back and it will come back if we can keep the politicians from destroying it. U.S. insurance companies are chomping at the bit to get in here and wipe out our health care system. Left to his own devices, Harper would let therm in. We'll see how good his promises are.[/quote]

That was my point about the propagana Juan: "Look look it don't work no more folks", as he headed South to sing Irish songs with Reagan, giving not a shit if people went without surgery or any care at all as long as he and his rich buddies got richer.

The system is coming back a bit, but folks employed in the system will tell you (and I've seen it with me own peepers) EVERYONE is overworked, and EVERY PLACE is understaffed. The only reason it's not getting worse is that most in the front lines are fighting tooth and nail against it.

If you need emerg. heart work or some life saving procedue, you are most likely to be attended to.(glad you were by the way) If not, you go on the list, and the list is long.

Here's your kicker Juan, and I couldn't agree more. IF WE ARE SO STUPID as to allow mein Harper a majority in the next election, our health care system even as we know it now, will be GONE GONE GONE. And boys, she won't be back.

What are we? A nation of what, 30 million or so. A NATION OF 30 MILLION. In the US there are more than 40 MILLION without health care. MORE PEOPLE THAN THE WHOLE OF CANADA. And some of us are even now being gulled into believing that Harper "ain't so bad"........shucks........d'oh.

Wait for it folks. Just enough of us don't fight for the Canada we have grown to "know and love" at the ballot box next time and the former president of the TAXPAYERS FEDERATION OF CANADA (a tad on the right), just right there on the right beside Horatio Alger and Ann Coulter, will dismantle one by one most of the freedoms and pretty well all of the health care we "enjoy" today. Like the man says "you ain't seen nothin yet"

Looney Mulrooney will appear like Tommy Douglas next to this nutbar, fan of George Bush, apologist for Iraq, firm believer in a "free" market.

Glad you brought this up Juan.........

:lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You are right about the short staffing oldnugly

One thing the nurses told me, was that there were some great programs finally running to get more nurses into the system. At least part of this problem was our wonderful Premier. Cambell signed a collective agreemen with the union that bargains for the nurses-------shortly after he gave his big business buddies a tax cut. The bastard then decides he doesn't have enough money to pay the nurses what he agreed to pay them. What does he do? He weasels out of the agreement he signed with the union. A lot of nurses simply left the province, or left the field.

Aren't politicians grand.... :p :roll:

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
oldnugly said:

Letter to the Editor said:
Radio station has disrupted Petrolia woman's morning ritual
By Deb Bygrove

This is unbelievable! It's happened again!

First there was John Harada whom I faithfully listened to every morning on The FOX. The music was great and John was very entertaining. Then, without warning, he was canned -- told his services were no longer required. The station was apparently wanting to go "in a new direction."

In my opinion, the only direction they went was downhill.

I tried listening to George and Rebecca because I really like the music on The FOX, but I just couldn't stand their constant natter-natter. George and Karen are a much better duo, but I still don't like the concept of two individuals delivering the music I enjoy listening to.

Rather than complain to The FOX, I decided to change stations and started listening to CHOK. I've always enjoyed listening to Gary Connors, although the music on CHOK was not as hip as on The FOX. However, once I started to routinely listen to Gary, I no longer cared as much about the music. Gary became addictive. Like your morning coffee, you just have to listen to Gary. He's zany, off-the-wall and definitely perked me up every single morning. Even though the music was not entirely to my liking, I became a CHOK listener because of Gary.

Now what am I to do? Kevin Bulmer is supposed to become the new morning man. No offence, but I do not currently listen to CHOK in the afternoon because of Kevin. He laughs at everything and nothing. Sorry, but I definitely will not tune in to Kevin in the mornings.

Is this how The FOX treats all its employees? Is this how CHOK treats all its employees? There appears to be absolutely no respect or concern for their workers (or their listeners). No advance warning was given to John or to Gary. They were not given any time in which to seek other employment opportunities.

Sarnia radio stations have now disrupted my morning ritual not once but twice. I will not be giving them the chance to do so a third time. I'll be changing stations again -- to a London station or maybe a Chatham station or possibly a Port Huron station. Anything but the Sarnia stations.

As for Gary, I was glad to hear that he had contacted a lawyer. "Wrongful dismissal" sounds good. I say make them pay through the nose for the lack of respect and appreciation shown after 14 years of dedicated service. Go get 'em, Tiger.

I hope Gary knows how many people support him and feel as I do.

There will never be another Gary Connors.

Letter to the Editor said:
Public robbed of great radio personality
By Lynne Mazurek

Sir:
I have been a dedicated CHOK listener for a very long time. On Jan. 31, 2001, the management of CHOK made a mistake beyond words. They not only -- and most importantly -- did the worst thing that they could do to a dedicated employee, they also robbed the public of a great radio personality.

Every morning my radio was set to wake up to Gary. He was enjoyable, witty and made my mornings brighter. CHOK has taken that away from all of us -- his voice, his caring of the community and all the things that spell Gary Connors and what he stands for. He will be missed each and every day.

In the article in The Observer, Mr. Dann stated that the ratings had been slipping.

I don't think he has any idea of how much the ratings are going to slip now.

I think I can speak for all listeners that we have no intention of listening to CHOK ever again unless Gary is back in his chair, doing what he does very well.

My hat goes off to the lady who wrote in and stated that Jan. 31, 2001, was "the day the music died." I urge anyone who listens to CHOK to please turn their radio to a different station until this mess is cleared up and Gary is back where he should be.

A gentleman wrote in to say that he had had his radio turned to CHOK for 50 years. I know how he feels. I have been listening for about 27 years and my heart is breaking also.

I am still shocked that such a beloved radio station could do such a disgraceful thing. Gary was our family and yours.

I strongly urge the owners of CHOK to take another look around and fire the people that need to go.

We miss Gary. Our days are definitely lacking his sense of humour, among other things. My mornings are certainly crummy and incomplete without him.

What a disappointment CHOK has turned out to be.

That's just two of literally hundreds. Blackburn Radio Incorporated owns every single radio station in our town. They are callous a-holes and I intend to shut them down.

Geoff Heinricks said:
I have also held no admiration for the The Blackburn Grupen media empire in London, Ontario. In fact I've long marvelled at how one family could be allowed to control almost all the media in London and Wingham with no outcry. (Martha Blackburn, the young but dim inheritor of her father's company, owns the Free Press, London's only daily, CFPL Radio (AM98 and FM 96), CFPL TV, London Guide, The Pennysaver, CKNX TV in Wingham, and radio stations in the same town.) No group or agency seemed upset by the Blackburn grasp.

In 2000, I began expressing my dissatisfaction with Blackburn's new rock station K106.3. All of my grievances and correspondence were conducted privately, for the most part. I was not alone in expressing my dissatisfaction. One local resident, Tom Stoukas, felt so strongly about how bad K106.3's morning program was, that he wrote a letter to the editor of the Sarnia Observer. The Sarnia Observer must have agreed that there is nothing wrong with criticizing a radio station, as they published the letter.

The letter that Tom wrote condemning the Burge & Woody show, didn't surprise me too much. If you had spent any time in this town you would have been all too familiar with the local gossip about how truly bad Blackburn's new rock station was. For many local residents, "Sarnia's Best Rock..." just didn't rock!

It was probably due to the local talk about how bad K106.3 was, that Tom felt compelled to write his letter to the paper. Most astonishing about Tom's letter, was that there was virtually no response from the Public in defense of K106.3. There was a letter or two from people saying that K106.3 was okay, but really almost nothing in defense of K106.3.

I'm assuming that you know absolutely nothing about the local radio situation in Sarnia, so I'm going to give you a little bit of info. Sarnia's rock station emerged on the closure of Sarnia's country music station in 1999(?). There were many local residents that were not terribly pleased with Blackburn's decision to shutdown the country music station and replace it with a rock station. This is one of the reasons that I'm particularly interested in the numbers for this years Bayfest Country Music festival.

Anyway, I'm going to end this post right here and I'll continue it later. I want to see today's paper before I continue any further.

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006
#juan said:
Simpleton

What is that disjointed rant about. I know that we lost one of the Comorant helicopters and we don't know at this time what caused the crash. The Helicopter was operating in bad weather, close to the ground. We have to expect some mishaps, and even crashes during the learning curve.

For the life of me I have no idea what the helicopters and our health system have to do with Blackburn Radio Incorporated

Please enlighten me.

I have reviewed articles where the Cormorant is considered something of a deathtrap, a piece of shit if you will. Why we continue to purchase deadly crap military equipment is beyond me. Every country that has purchased the Cormorant has experienced difficulties with this craft. I say we should sue the manufacturers of this dangerous piece of garbage: Westland.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
#juan said:
You are right about the short staffing oldnugly

One thing the nurses told me, was that there were some great programs finally running to get more nurses into the system. At least part of this problem was our wonderful Premier. Cambell signed a collective agreemen with the union that bargains for the nurses-------shortly after he gave his big business buddies a tax cut. The bastard then decides he doesn't have enough money to pay the nurses what he agreed to pay them. What does he do? He weasels out of the agreement he signed with the union. A lot of nurses simply left the province, or left the field.

Aren't politicians grand.... :p :roll:

He didn't just sign a contract with the nursing union, he forced it on us after over 95% of us voted against it. That was after a really nasty round of negotiations and politics (I can't tell you how many people thought we were on strike when we weren't thanks to government press). We even had a work to rule campaign it was so bad. I left the province right after that and have no plans on going back while Campbell is premier. F**k him. I refuse to work for anyone who disrespects me like he does. I went to Ontario and am now in California. Leaving BC was the best thing I could have done career wise. I have received several letters from BC trying to recruit me back, but those great programs to get nurses into the sytem aren't enough to make me forget what it was like back there.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:roll: When mein Harper and the boys finally get their majority, that'll be the end of those nasty old unions, ridiculous contracts, sky high 8O wages, job security, retirement benefits,

And we wonder why a lot of our nurses, doctors, and trained professionals move south.

Thank God for McJobs. Bless you Mulrooo. 8O