Please help us students

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Why the hell would I want his phone # ? :) You don't know it from the Mod Panel .hehehe

As a Mod .... I know that a Mod can only access a member's Profile, you can can change his/her previlege (sp ?) *ie: ban or no ban*
The most .nfo you can get is his/her ISP and IP address. :)

We put cookies on homeland security computers.

ChilliCheeseDog

Mar 27, 2007
In the imaginary world where the info Kreskin told you constitutes a risk, the united states are run by fairies who do indeed take SIN#'s. LOL.
I'm not saying a a major risk
I guess I just Mod differently in my forum.
In my forum Mod don't give out a member's .nfo no matter how small or insignifigant .
It's up to the indiviual member choice to give out his/her .nfo

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
In my forum Mod don't give out a member's .nfo no matter how small or insignifigant .

I've never known a mod here to go pull info from their data on a member, to share with the group. they do however share info that members have shared in the past. Toro has, more than likely, told Kreskin those tidbits about himself in past conversation with Kreskin as a fellow member, not just a mod. Don't worry... no security breeches or concerns.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

I'll have to go over for some lessons. Do you allow swearing on your forums?

ChilliCheeseDog

Mar 27, 2007
I'll have to go over for some lessons. Do you allow swearing on your forums?
Oh yeah . :) we do allow swearing. It's part of our freedom of speech & freedom of expression thing . :cool:

But the Mods in my forum is also very quick with the ban button . :) Sometime a little too quick. hehehe

When this happened .. If the banned member come to us and CALMLY EXPLAIN & state their case then he/she would be unban.

I admit that sometime it was all the Mod fault because of prides or hurt feeling, the Mod lash out and ban the member.
In those kind of case, after cooling down and ****, the member then is unban.

But if a banned member come to us all hostile and sh*T, he/she is ban for life.

ChilliCheeseDog

Mar 27, 2007
they do however share info that members have shared in the past. Toro has, more than likely, told Kreskin those tidbits about himself in past conversation with Kreskin as a fellow member, not just a mod. Don't worry... no security breeches or concerns.
Believe it or not, I have come accross situation like this where a member shared his/her .nfo with me or other members in a PUBLIC POST. :)
In cases like this I provide the link to THAT SPECIFIC POST. where the the member shared his/her personal .nfo

Maybe it's just my forum, but we like to think that we respect our members privatecy.

I guess I have to get used to how things run differently in this forum . :)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Believe it or not, I have come accross situation like this where a member shared his/her .nfo with me or other members in a PUBLIC POST. :)
In cases like this I provide the link to THAT SPECIFIC POST. where the the member shared his/her personal .nfo

Maybe it's just my forum, but we like to think that we respect our members privatecy.

That's pretty anal. Go searching old posts to link someone to the same information you can type in 5 seconds. Waste of time.

ChilliCheeseDog

Mar 27, 2007
That's pretty anal. Go searching old posts to link someone to the same information you can type in 5 seconds. Waste of time.
If you think about it....
I guess you're right . :) That is anal .

It is a big hassle. I guess old habit die hard.
You got to understand that before our forum went public. we were the ************ site on the net so secretcy is so ingrains (sp ?) with us.
This explaination is not an excuse, I'm just saying how things are in my forum.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Exactly. You might find that talking about how you run your forum, frankly, will just irritate people.

Here, the mods are just fellow members who help keep things civil in the case of a major blowout. They aren't held to any different posting standard than any other member. If someone shared info with them, they'll likely pass it on down the road. It's not considered priviledged if you've already posted it on a public forum.

ChilliCheeseDog

Mar 27, 2007
it's not a matter of privacy if the member has already made the details public, is it?
Yes. you are correct, but sometime the member forgets that he/she let out that .nfo and then it's up to the Mods to search for that specific post.
I can't tell you you how many time I had to go through the Archive/Lost Posts section of the forum, then activate a dead thread so I can pointed to the member that it was him in his drunken stupor that posted his own personal .nfo .:)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Ive walked on other sites and had threads closed because it was off topic after 6 weeks of no activity. I screamed for hours with the mod and finally reopened it as my intro thread. I was floored. I own 2 sites myself........very differently run but every site Ive walked into IS different.