Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

Star Trek inspired licence plate deemed offensive in Manitoba | CTV News

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Huh, I wonder if MPI sees the glaring irony in their decision. I mean Jesus Christ on a crutch man, if govts and their organs start banning everything one or two people find offensive, there won't be anything left.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
This is getting beyond stupid now with everyone getting offended by the littlest of details, anywhere, everywhere.

This is why we laugh at the outrage things like the Pepsi commercial caused, because the majority of us have just become desensitized towards these "issues" to the point that even legitimate offenses are laughed over...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Huh, I wonder if MPI sees the glaring irony in their decision. I mean Jesus Christ on a crutch man, if govts and their organs start banning everything one or two people find offensive, there won't be anything left.
Well, I'm here to clear it up for you, son. Officious busybodies, particularly those with government power, are as incapable of seeing irony as dogs are of seeing color.

Jesus Christ on a crutch man
You lousy, vicious, racist, anti-disability bastard, you! I am hereby casting you out of the Commonwealth of Sensitive, Enlightened Beings!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
There was a guy in NS who had a plate with his last name, GRABHER, someone decided it was offensive, so it was taken from him. He'd had it for years, but since Trump won the election, someone found it nasty.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, I'm here to clear it up for you, son. Officious busybodies, particularly those with government power, are as incapable of seeing irony as dogs are of seeing color.

You lousy, vicious, racist, anti-disability bastard, you! I am hereby casting you out of the Commonwealth of Sensitive, Enlightened Beings!
Aw shucks.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Texas Declares Man's License Plate Offensive To Upside-Down People

Are you inverted 180° from normal human position, either through a gravitational anomaly or perhaps the use of gravity boots? Maybe you’re Raph? Are you also a highly sensitive person? If so, then you better sit down. Or, I guess, sit up. Because Texas just figured out that a Lambo’s license plate, 370H55V, can be read upside-down.

And, of course, when you do read it upside-down, it basically looks like the word ASSHOLE. That word, of course, refers to an anus, or rectum. If you’re an avian or reptile reading this, your closest analogue would be the multi-purpose hole you call a cloaca. In English, it is also a popular epithet for a jerk. And, to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, offensive.

Safer Hassan has had the license plate on his Lamborghini Aventador for over three years with no problems, but just received a letter stating that the plate would be suspended in 30 days, and if he doesn’t select a replacement personalized plate, he’ll forfeit the fee.

Hassan is planning to appeal the state’s decision. Personally, I have trouble understanding why someone would really have an issue with this. By inverting and crypto-izing the dirty, dirty word with other, similar characters, you’d think that would be ample protection from casual observers being confronted with the shock of seeing the slang term for an anus.

I feel like he’s obliquely playing on the conceit and stereotype that supercar owners tend to be assholes, and I think he’s being sort of self-deprecating and adding a little silly fun to a class of vehicles that desperately needs that. So, I’m on your side, Safer.

Still, it’s unlikely you’re going to win this battle. Maybe just try for the classic 58008?

source

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The problem here is asimil8 rhymes with copUl8 and also fell8
really...
So obviously the problem is the number 8. I think we should complain and have it removed...
especially from schools.
( and maybe even from government p8chcks too )