Peak oil news update

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
An article in the UK Guardian says that the world is producing 2 million barrels per day less of light sweet crude now than in 2000, the grade used for motor oils, which is why the price has gone up. The world lacks adequate refinery capacity to refine heavier grades of crude.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,5673,1578885,00.html

The cult of supply and demand strikes again.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Peak oil news update

Reverend Blair said:
There is a cult of those who deny reality and sell out ecology for greed. The are called conservatives. Sometimes they're called greens. No matter what you call them, they are bad fo the planet and slightly lower on the evolutionary scale than slugs. I suggest they be stepped on at every opportunity.

Once again Rev, you impress with the beauty of your rhetoric.

Once on another thread, you told me you were beaten at a Reform Party function. That troubled me some, as I was a Reform member, and I believe in free speech, even when you disagree, as do all the other ex-Reformers I know. I've been to Reform Party functions, and found them full of as polite a group of people as you could find anywhere.

However, having listened to your insulting rants, I think I begin to see a pattern.

So, who did you call a "pig-humper", or "lower ....than slugs"? Who did you suggest "be stepped on"? You bit off a little more than you could chew, didn't you?

Where I come from, any man worth the name would hand you your fecking head for such insults, if repeated in their face.

That's exactly what happened, isn't it? You went and screamed filthy insults in peoples' faces until someone with a sense of honour kicked your arse.

So now you cast your name-calling from the safety of your computer room.

How nice for you.