Passenger plane makes detour to allow passengers to see Northern Lights

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
In a rare event, the Aurora Borealis has been viewed over the entirety of Britain over the last two days.

A passenger plane travelling from Iceland to Manchester made a detour off the Faroe Islands to allow its passengers to view the Northern Lights.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
In a rare event, the Aurora Borealis has been viewed over the entirety of Britain over the last two days.

A passenger plane travelling from Iceland to Manchester made a detour off the Faroe Islands to allow its passengers to view the Northern Lights.

Why not . Flying to L.A. a week after Mt.St.Helens the pilots gave us a flyby .i

Reactions: Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
For those of you that have never been far enough North to see and hear the lights, it is truly spectacular.

I've not seen them yet. I live in Greater Manchester with 3 million other people but in a semi-rural "village" with less light pollution and the stars are spectacular in my (three) gardens on cloudless nights but I still haven't seen the Northern Lights. Maybe I'm just not looking up at the right time.

I'm also about to buy a telescope. Jupiter, Saturn and Mars are very prominent eight now and I want to see them close up.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why not . Flying to L.A. a week after Mt.St.Helens the pilots gave us a flyby .i

I vaguely remember aged seven in December 1988 or January 1989 travelling with my family in the car and seeing debris in a field at the side of the motorway.

It was the remains of Pan Am 103 at Lockerbie.

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I vaguely remember aged seven in December 1988 or January 1989 travelling with my family in the car and seeing debris in a field at the side of the motorway.

It was the remains of Pan Am 103 at Lockerbie.
That sucks .