Our cooling world

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I just love the title of the article, it's so dramatic. I'm a little curious though, I didn't see the date in which it was presented... Was this before or after the IPCC had to retract their "undeniable" assessment with the Amazon rain forest and Himalayan glacier research?

Just curious.

Is the planet warming or not?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Tell ya what. Seeing how you are asking a question that demands relativity in order to answer, I'll respond this way:

The Earth was warming during the period where the green lobbies adopted the phrase "global warming". At a later point when the green lobby changed their identity to "climate change", the climate trends were cooling.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
South America is cooling. South America is part of the planet.

Can't answer?

Okay.

YouTube - ‪It's so Cold, there can't be Global Warming‬‎

Plus the warmest June.....followed by the warmest decade on record.

...and the trend continues.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
But I did answer.. You just don't like the answer.

No you didn't, you gave me an example of a local event not a global one.

I asked you many times if the planet was warming yet you failed to do so.

I'll ask you again.

Is the planet warming?

I suspect like your online status you will hide from this basic question.:lol:

Have a good one.;-)

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
What is with the references to South America cooling? I thought global warming meant global warming. And this article on the decline of glaciers in the Andes and elsewhere seems to indicate that South America is warming up just like everywhere else. Ice Caps In Africa, Tropical South America Likely To Disappear Within 15 Years

Deniers do this.

Take one warm spot in the winter or one cold spot in the summer and declare global warming a scam while at the same time ignoring the global temperature.

It use to be funny but it's so old now that it has become somewhat of a bore.:roll:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
No you didn't, you gave me an example of a local event not a global one.

I asked you many times if the planet was warming yet you failed to do so.

I'll ask you again.

Is the planet warming?

I suspect like your online status you will hide from this basic question.:lol:

Have a good one.;-)

Not so Avro, I answered the question this way:

The Earth was warming during the period where the green lobbies adopted the phrase "global warming". At a later point when the green lobby changed their identity to "climate change", the climate trends were cooling.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Not so Avro, I answered the question this way:

Not an answer....politics.

Is the planet warming or not?

It's a simple yes or no.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I think you know what I mean.

No Avro, other than you asking loaded a question, I don't know what you mean.

What has been the trend on planetary temps since the industrial revolution.

Up or down?

Variable... It has trended in both directions since that time. Further, localized/regional results have been (in certain circumstances) diametrically opposed as is the case with the global climatic experience.

But this is all small beer when considering that the alarmist crowd is seeking to assess causation to the phenomenon and in doing so, are claiming mastery over the mechanations of the entire system (both terrestrial and non-terrestrial).

Sorry buddy. I don't buy it.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
No Avro, other than you asking loaded a question, I don't know what you mean.

Variable... It has trended in both directions since that time. Further, localized/regional results have been (in certain circumstances) diametrically opposed as is the case with the global climatic experience.

But this is all small beer when considering that the alarmist crowd is seeking to assess causation to the phenomenon and in doing so, are claiming mastery over the mechanations of the entire system (both terrestrial and non-terrestrial).

Sorry buddy. I don't buy it.

Sure it varies....what is the trend?

Up or down?