Oslo Aftermath

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
This is quite amazing ... this is the musician that the Norway mass murderer of children listened to as he prepared his attack.

‪Helene Bøksle - Mitt Land (My Land)‬‏ - YouTube

I suppose he thought he was doing something important when he decided to silence the national pride of the children.

The Oslo Bombing thread is too slow for me to post on ... something weird about that thread .. so if we could continue the discussion here about Right Wing ideologists ... I'm interested.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I think making this about politics or religion is huge mistake. That is not what this guy is about. This guy is a mass murderer, hate and anger is what he's all about. He wants this to be about politics, well don't let him.

When that crowd of tens of thousands of people gathered in Norway for one moment of national silence and spontaneously gave a five minute silence in reverance to the victims, that silence spoke volumns. That crowd saw right through him. The people of Norway, I think, see right through him. This guy is not an example of right wing ideology, he is an example of the bitterness and ugliness of hatred and anger. He is also a coward as only a coward would choose to shoot unarmed teenagers in the back as they were fleeing.

This guy is no different than the man who shot his ex-wife and her relatives at that bowling alley during his son's birthday party on the weekend. Bitter, angry little men. Cowards who cannot deal with their own life so they extinguish the lives of others.

This guy has a politcal agenda? I say, screw him.

<copied from the slow thread>

Islamics are eager to label this as a Christian extremist, but the man has stated that he is an agnostic and has no religious affiliation even though he is Norwegian by birth and heritage. I think he had an idea in his head and he got it twisted so badly that he thought murdering children at summer camp was a good plan, and then he planned it for months ... all they while playing shooting video games and the National Anthem.

What a huge loss for so many families ... not only the immediate family but the extended. I doubt anyone in Norway was not affected by this insane murderous rampage on children .. after setting off a carbomb diversion in the centre of Oslo to keep police away for an hour and a half while he randomly hunted and killed children with exploding bullets on a summer camp island.

I think he is claiming association with a Right Wing political group because he doesn't want to be left swinging in the wind without a post to hitch on, but this guy is swinging in the wind in terms of not normal thinking.

Multiculturalism seems to be what many resign themselves to - gotta be politically correct. This guy seems to think that nationalism is more important.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
<copied from the slow thread>

Islamics are eager to label this as a Christian extremist, but the man has stated that he is an agnostic and has no religious affiliation even though he is Norwegian by birth and heritage. I think he had an idea in his head and he got it twisted so badly that he thought murdering children at summer camp was a good plan, and then he planned it for months ... all they while playing shooting video games and the National Anthem.

What a huge loss for so many families ... not only the immediate family but the extended. I doubt anyone in Norway was not affected by this insane murderous rampage on children .. after setting off a carbomb diversion in the centre of Oslo to keep police away for an hour and a half while he randomly hunted and killed children with exploding bullets on a summer camp island.

I think he is claiming association with a Right Wing political group because he doesn't want to be left swinging in the wind without a post to hitch on, but this guy is swinging in the wind in terms of not normal thinking.

Multiculturalism seems to be what many resign themselves to - gotta be politically correct. This guy seems to think that nationalism is more important.
Honestly, I cannot conceive of what this guy might be thinking. I just think it's wrong to allow him or others to tie what he did to any kind of political movement. He left a political party, gave up membership (or was booted out) because their views were not extreme enough for him. From what little I've read, he viewed himself as a big part of that party, nearly winning a city council seat. However responses by individuals who were in the same party state that he was quiet, almost shy, never really participated. So this guy's had delusions of grandeur for years.

He, by his own admission, targeted "immigrants" while on that island. Now, unless he was checking papers, that says to me he was basically taking aim at visual minorities. Anyone who wasn't blond haired, blue eyed, and white, like him. That's racism, pure and simple. And I do believe most people see that. They don't see this as an example of right wing ideology run amok.

I think this guy's views and actions are about as representative of right wing, or conservative, ideologies as Reverend Phelps & Westboro Baptists are representative of Christian values. Which is to say, not at all.

There are some issues where I personally fall on the more conservative side of the spectrum and some where I fall on the more liberal side of the spectrum, but where I disagree I don't see evil. I just see a different point of view.

But when I look at this guy, I do see evil. Evil in his actions and in his heart. He is a small, small man who sought to try and make himself bigger than what he is in the worst possible way.

He sought to save Norway. Right! Save it by terrorizing it, by shooting children? And he has apparently taken to calling himself a Knight Templar? Delusions of grandeur.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I'm ashamed to admit that I do know what this guy is talking about in terms of multiculturalsm versus nationalsim. There's something to be said for people of like minded ideologies living together, and Muslims and Christians living side by side is an oxymoron - it can't really happen.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
This is quite amazing ... this is the musician that the Norway mass murderer of children listened to as he prepared his attack.

‪Helene Bøksle - Mitt Land (My Land)‬‏ - YouTube

I suppose he thought he was doing something important when he decided to silence the national pride of the children.

The Oslo Bombing thread is too slow for me to post on ... something weird about that thread .. so if we could continue the discussion here about Right Wing ideologists ... I'm interested.

Still not convinced nationalism is a disease?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Nationalism is a disease? No. It is a bit like Hitler in the sense that youth are targeted as the future. It's an ideology and the split is between mixing it all up and preserving some guidelines. I have no idea what is best, but if dominant genes of dark eyes and dark hair mix with the white haired blue eyed children in the north, perhaps we'll all end up Catholic or Muslim ... dark eyed and dark haired.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think it's wrong to label this guy anything other than a psychopath, his manifesto is a rambling, incoherent mess, full of copy & pastes from various ideologies, with his various hatreds thrown in.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
Nationalism is a disease? No. It is a bit like Hitler in the sense that youth are targeted as the future. It's an ideology and the split is between mixing it all up and preserving some guidelines. I have no idea what is best, but if dominant genes of dark eyes and dark hair mix with the white haired blue eyed children in the north, perhaps we'll all end up Catholic or Muslim ... dark eyed and dark haired.

And Hitler was a vehement Nationalist

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I think it's wrong to label this guy anything other than a psychopath, his manifesto is a rambling, incoherent mess, full of copy & pastes from various ideologies, with his various hatreds thrown in.

He's a complete lunatic. He's an agnostic man that didn't know how to express himself other than through violence and sadly, he targeted other people's children.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
He's an agnostic man that didn't know how to express himself other than through violence and sadly, he targeted other people's children.

Political and religious views

Acting national police chief Sveinung Sponheim said that the suspected gunman's Internet postings "suggest that he has some political traits directed toward the right, and Anti-Muslim views, but whether that was a motivation for the actual act remains to be seen".[67][68] After being apprehended, Breivik was characterized by officials as being a right-wing extremist and an Islamophobe.[69] Breivik is described by the newspaper Verdens Gang as considering himself a conservative nationalist.[65] The deputy police chief on the scene speculated that Breivik had rightist political leanings and offered the opinion that this amounted to him being a Christian fundamentalist.[70][12][71] He has written many posts on the far-right[72] website document.no,[68] which has been described as Anti-Islam,[73] anti-immigration,[74] and pro-Israel.[75] He attended meetings of "Documents venner" (Friends of Document), affiliated with the Document.no website.[76]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_bombing#cite_note-82

2011 Norway attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
mentalfloss nice signature , LOL

And your point? Hitler wasn't even born in Germany. Learn some history before you make idiotic comparisons.
Being a nationalist has nothing to do with hating other people.

Yeah nationalists have an inflated sense of self-worth over individuals who weren't born on the same piece of land they are. It's immensely stupid, if you want to be proud of something, be proud of something you physically accomplished not something from luck of birth.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
And Hitler was a vehement Nationalist

Hitler was a lunitic that thought it was a good idea to have people strip, tell them that they were taking a shower, instead gas them to death and then toss them into incinerators and the pits. He thought it was a good idea to keep twins because it would be fun to see how they reacted differently to stimuli. He made lamp shades out of human skin.

This mass murderer would probably like nothing better than to be connected with Hitler. How difficult is it to shoot teenagers when he's dressed like a police man claiming to have information about a car bomb in Oslo. The first person he shot was the securty guard, then he called the campers towards him, and then he started shooting them. The people that ran fastest were shot first. Others ran to the water and hid behind rocks, but he stood on the rocks and shot them as they crouched behind rocks or swam.

He listened to the music of a Norwegian woman whose voice was used in shooting video games ... he was in a completely different video game world where shooting people from rocks and hunting them down on the waterfront gained points.

‪Helene Bøksle: Heiemo og nykkjen‬‏ - YouTube

mentalfloss nice signature , LOL

Yeah nationalists have an inflated sense of self-worth over individuals who weren't born on the same piece of land they are. It's immensely stupid, if you want to be proud of something, be proud of something you physically accomplished not something from luck of birth.

From Birth is not luck

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
I don't want to defend Hitler, but human-skin lamp shades? Yeah I don't think so.
Ilse Koch was accused of taking skin from prisoners with distinctive tattoos, whether true or not I don't know.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
He listened to the music of a Norwegian woman whose voice was used in shooting video games ... he was in a completely different video game world where shooting people from rocks and hunting them down on the waterfront gained points.

Canadians noted in Norway attacker's manifesto

Several Canadians were stunned Monday at learning the suspect in the bombing and shootings in Norway last week had referenced them in his lengthy diatribe against Muslims, Marxists and multiculturalism. One of them, a science student, said he was dismayed to find himself quoted in Anders Behring Breivik's 1,518-page manifesto "2083," which makes more than 40 mostly passing references to Canada and Canadians.

Breivik quotes from various newspaper articles that suggest a presence of radical and dangerous Islamists in Canada. He refers to a 1998 court ruling against Mark Harding to support his view that Canadian hate-speech laws have been used to silence critics of Islam. Harding was convicted after handing out pamphlets in Toronto that said Muslims in Canada were the same as those who committed atrocities abroad.

"Harding's case demonstrates that it is now a criminal act in several Western nations to tell the truth about the dangers posed by Muslim immigration," Breivik writes.

Salim Mansur, an associate political science professor at London's University of Western Ontario, said he was appalled to learn Breivik had used some of his writings in his manifesto to advance the notion Islam and democracy were incompatible. Mansur, a Muslim opposed to Islamist violence who himself has been the target of radical Muslims, said Breivik and others like him engage in reading to "fuel their own pathology" and further their misguided causes, not to further genuine learning or debate.

In other parts of the manifesto — published on numerous websites — Breivik refers to Canada's low birth rate and somewhat lax sexual morality as part of his tirade against the "global cultural Marxist Mafia" and the multiculturalism he blames for many of the world's evils.

Canadians noted in Norway attacker's manifesto - Canada - CBC News

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I don't want to defend Hitler, but human-skin lamp shades? Yeah I don't think so.
Ilse Koch was accused of taking skin from prisoners with distinctive tattoos, whether true or not I don't know.

I think so. You should read history or talk with people that were alive at that time. Better yet, take a vacation in Poland and research from there.

Yes it is.

No, from birth is not luck.

Do you think it was luck that the Spaniards won Valencia against Napoleon? What rose to the top were outstanding people, not lucky people.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
I think so. You should read history or talk with people that were alive at that time. Better yet, take a vacation in Poland and research from there.

No you're wrong. Hitler wasn't Ed Gein.

Do you think it was luck that the Spaniards won Valencia against Napoleon? What rose to the top were outstanding people, not lucky people.

What the hell does this have to do with nationalism and luck of birth?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Breivik quotes from various newspaper articles that suggest a presence of radical and dangerous Islamists in Canada. He refers to a 1998 court ruling against Mark Harding to support his view that Canadian hate-speech laws have been used to silence critics of Islam. Harding was convicted after handing out pamphlets in Toronto that said Muslims in Canada were the same as those who committed atrocities abroad.

I guess it's clear that the guy has it all wrong in his head ... at least real pirates spare women and children, not this Norwegian nut ... that's who he targets (what would the Somalian pirates do with women and children).

No you're wrong. Hitler wasn't Ed Gein.

What the hell does this have to do with nationalism?

Who is Ed Gein? What does Hitler have to do with Nationalism? He's a murderer, a genocide guy. He said that he wanted a pure race and then it seems the only way he could figure it out was to kill people.

‪Patti Smith - Horses (full studio version)‬‏ - YouTube

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Canadians noted in Norway attacker's manifesto

Several Canadians were stunned Monday at learning the suspect in the bombing and shootings in Norway last week had referenced them in his lengthy diatribe against Muslims, Marxists and multiculturalism. One of them, a science student, said he was dismayed to find himself quoted in Anders Behring Breivik's 1,518-page manifesto "2083," which makes more than 40 mostly passing references to Canada and Canadians.

"Harding's case demonstrates that it is now a criminal act in several Western nations to tell the truth about the dangers posed by Muslim immigration," Breivik writes.

Salim Mansur, an associate political science professor at London's University of Western Ontario, said he was appalled to learn Breivik had used some of his writings in his manifesto to advance the notion Islam and democracy were incompatible. Mansur, a Muslim opposed to Islamist violence who himself has been the target of radical Muslims, said Breivik and others like him engage in reading to "fuel their own pathology" and further their misguided causes, not to further genuine learning or debate.

In other parts of the manifesto — published on numerous websites — Breivik refers to Canada's low birth rate and somewhat lax sexual morality as part of his tirade against the "global cultural Marxist Mafia" and the multiculturalism he blames for many of the world's evils.

Canadians noted in Norway attacker's manifesto - Canada - CBC News
Aparently he also borrowed heavily from Ted Kaczinski too. Now there's a guy you want to emulate!

This is what I've been saying all along.