Origins of the Hamburger

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No burgervor should go their lives without trying a roasted red pepper and brie burger. *drool*

It was one of the most heavenly burgers I've ever had the joy of eating.. caramelized onions, roasted red pepper, and a generous amount of brie. yum yum yum.

And I don't care where the burger originated... I just care where it's going! lol.
*smack* I'm starving now........ I want one... Had a veggie burger for lunch... ordered fries from Harvey's to go with it...when did they stop making the great fries....they were gross.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Fast food is terrible! I will pit my burger against any fast food burger, my fires against any fast food fries bar none. Take time to savor food and enjoy the company you eat with. The work will always be there waiting for you when you return.
I'll pit my homemade burger against your burger... we'll have a burger down... I don't do the fry thing. Make grilled potato coins on my Hamilton Beach... they taste decent, with no fat.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I'll pit my homemade burger against your burger... we'll have a burger down... I don't do the fry thing. Make grilled potato coins on my Hamilton Beach... they taste decent, with no fat.

Ohhh so ya want to throw down with me on the grill do ya? I see you're here in Ont too so I got a little place picked out for this and we'll let the guests be the judges.

Let's pm the rules and I can fill you in on the date and stuff.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The manufacturer is Brinkman. I wonder if they have a Canadian dealer

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Ohhh so ya want to throw down with me on the grill do ya? I see you're here in Ont too so I got a little place picked out for this and we'll let the guests be the judges.

I make the beeeeeeest! :lol: Although the last ones sucked. Made my burgers. Had company of course. These things never happen unless there is company. Anyway, put the burgers on the buns and piled them on a serving platter. I noticed a lot of white flakey stuff but thought nothing of it until I took a bite.........eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww the buns had not been finished properly. There were hunks of flour on the bottom pieces of bun. I was fit to be tied. I would not even eat mine. One friend had 3 so they seemed to be fine with it. :-(

That won t happen again.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I make the beeeeeeest! :lol: Although the last ones sucked. Made my burgers. Had company of course. These things never happen unless there is company. Anyway, put the burgers on the buns and piled them on a serving platter. I noticed a lot of white flakey stuff but thought nothing of it until I took a bite.........eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww the buns had not been finished properly. There were hunks of flour on the bottom pieces of bun. I was fit to be tied. I would not even eat mine. One friend had 3 so they seemed to be fine with it. :-(

That won t happen again.
Ain't that just the way of it? :)
Flour on Buns happens but I find it very unappealing. Some you can brush off with a stiff brush but there is something to picking each bun out individualy to get the best of the best.
I saw a High Roast Chicken today, done on a broiler at 500 degrees F. A few tricks though, like soaking in brine, cutting the back out and flattening the bird out. Pressing down between the breasts to crack the bone. Butter mixture under the skin to prevent drying out the breast and the skin rubbed with oil.
They put potato slices seasoned into the broiler pan under the broiler rack to catch the fat dripping and prevent flare ups. The chips look pretty good all seasoned up with herbs and pepper.
Basically the chicken is quarters and plated with the chips. The skin gets nice a crispy but not burnt. And it took about twenty minutes to cook. That's not bad for a good sized bird.
I'll see if there is a recipe around on the web for it and post it here if anyone is interested.

Brat

Electoral Member
May 30, 2007

I volunteer to be a judge!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was over on the mainland for four or five days seeing the new grandson and I kind of forgot about this thread. One of the failings of internet conversations in Canada is that everyone is so far away.